Replacing the lamp in your Epson EMP-830p projector takes less than 15 minutes when you use our guide.
Be sure to invest in an authentic Epson EMP-830p projector lamp.
When to replace
As the Epson EMP-830p projector lamp reaches its end of life you’ll start to notice warning signs:
- Dark image
- Image that has deteriorated
- A message saying “Replace the lamp” appears on screen.
- Lamp light flashes orange
NOTE: If the Lamp light turns red the Epson EMP-830p projector lamp lamp is burnt out and should be replaced immediately.
See how many hours you have left in the Epson EMP-830p projector lamp:
- Press the MENU button and highlight INFO menu to see the lamp usage hours.
- When the Brightness Contol is set to High, the Epson ELPLP31 lamp will last up to 2000 hours.
- Lower the Brightness Control to low and the Epson ELPLP31 lamp will last up to 3000 hours.
Find the right lamp
Be sure install a genuine Epson EMP-830p projector lamp and you’ll save yourself a lot of headaches. Look for the seal of approval before purchasing your replacement Epson EMP-830p projector lamp.
6 good reasons to buy authentic lamps
- generics have shorter lamp life while authentic will last the full 3000 hours
- authentic lamps are made with safety standars. knock off lamps have been created with carcinogenic parts
- authentic lamps are safe while eneric lamps are prone to explosions
- authentics are calibrated to work with the sensitive electronics in your projector, copycat lamps are not.
- authenic lamps come with a guarantee and technical support. Generic’s do not.
- your Epson EMP-830p warranty will become void
Avoid being duped: Read the 7 Ways to Spot a Counterfeit Lamp.
Install the Epson ELPLP31
Before installation follow these important safety tips:
- Turn power button off wait for light to stop flashing.
- Unplug the power cord on the Epson EMP-830p.
- Allow the Epson EMP-830p projector to cool for one hour – it should be cool to the touch. These projectors run a high temperatures so you can burn yourself very badly if the projector has not cooled enough before being opened up.
- Do not operate the projectors while any of the lamps are removed as this may result in malfunctions, fire hazard and other accidents.
- The lamp cover is found on top of the Epson EMP-830 projector. Loosen the lamp cover screw — you can’t remove it only loosen it.
- Slide the Epson EMP-830p projector lamp cover off.
- Loosen the two screws holding the Epson ELPLP31 lamp in place.
- Grab the Epson ELPLP31 by the side indents and gently pull the lamp out. Take care not to bang the bulb as this may cause it to shatter.
- Learn what to do should when the lamp breaks inside the projector.
NOTE: The Epson ELPLP31 lamp contains mercury and should not be thrown into regular garbage. Recycle your used lamps!
- Gently insert the new Epson ELPLP31 lamp into the Epson EMP-830p projector.
- Tighten the screws on the Epson ELPLP31 lamp. Be sure not to tighten too much or the lamp may not work.
- Replace the lamp cover and tighten the screw on the Epson ELPLP31 projector lamp cover.
You are now ready to reset the lamp timer.
Reseting the Epson EMP-830p Lamp Timer
The Epson EMP-830p has a lamp timer that tracks the number of hours left for the Epson ELPLP31 before it reaches end of life. Every time you install a new Epson ELPLP31 lamp you must reset the lamp timer to zero. Don’t use the Epson ELPLP31 lamp beyond its recommended usage as this can damages the Epson EMP-830p projector.
- Press the MENU button on either the remote control or on the projector’s control panel.
- Scroll down to the RESET option.
- Press Enter
- Select LAMP-HOURS RESET.
- Press ENTER to open the prompt screen
- Press Yes.
- Lamp hours will be reset to zero.
- Press MENU to return to the screen.
Longer lamp life
Extend the life of the newly installed Epson ELPLP31 with the following tips:
- Keep your air filters clean to avoid overheating the projector.
- Turn off the Epson EMP-830p projector projector and let it stand for at least one hour ever 24 hours.
- An average use of four to five hours per day will ensure longer lamp life.
- Make sure there is enough airflow around the projector particularly if it’s been permanently mounted.
- Set the Brightness Mode to low.
- Learn more with Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life