Replace the Infocus IN5102 projector lamp using this guide
Why go with authentic
Buy an authentic Infocus IN5102 projector lamp and avoid the headaches associated with counterfeit or generic lamps. Your InFocus IN5102 projector needs the InFocus SP-LAMP-038 replacement projector lamp.
Find this lamp on Amazon sold by these authorized dealers:
- Infocus OEM(Original Bulb and Generic Housing) IN5102, IN5104, IN5106, IN5108, SP-LAMP-038, SP-LAMP-046 Projector Lamp with Housing
Top reasons to avoid counterfeit lamps:
- inferior parts
- prone to explosions
- may end up costing due to shorter lamp life
- needlessly exposes you to toxic materials
Buy from a legitimate source to keep your Infocus IN5102 projector under warranty and working properly.
Install the replacement projector lamp
Follow these important safety steps BEFORE installing the replacement InFocus IN5102 projector lamp:
- Turn off the InFocus IN5102 projector and unplug the power cord.
- To avoid getting burned, let the projector fully cool before changing the lamp.
- Do not operate the projectors while any of the lamps are removed as this may result in malfunctions, fire hazard and other accidents.
- Loosen the captive screws on the IN5102 lamp cover.
- Remove the IN5102 lamp cover.
- Remove the three screws from the IN5102 lamp module.
- Lift the module handle up. Pull firmly on the module handle to remove the lamp module.
- NOTE: The InFocus SP-LAMP-038 contains mercury and should not be thrown into regular garbage. Recycle this used lamp!
- Place the new lamp into the IN5102 projector Tighten the two screws on the InFocus SP-LAMP-038 lamp.
- Replace the IN5102 lamp cover and tighten the screws.
To reset the IN5102 lamp timer:
- Press MENU
- Scroll down to SETTINGS menu. Press Enter.
- Highlight SERVICE using the arrow keys. Press Enter.
- Scroll down to select RESET LAMP TIME. Press Enter.
- A dialog menu will appear. Press Enter to select OK.
- The lamp hours will be reset to zero.
Tips for longer lamp life
- Keep your air filters clean to avoid overheating the projector.
- Turn off the Infocus IN5012 and let it stand for at least one hour ever 24 hours.
- Make sure there is enough airflow around the projector particularly if it’s been permanently mounted.
- Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life