Before proceeding, read this important reminder about buying authentic!
The Internet has been flooded with counterfeit lamps stating they are “compatible” with Epson projectors. Nothing could be farther from the truth. Counterfeit lamps are missing the necessary components to work properly with your Epson PowerLite 96W projector. Most are created with toxic materials and carcinogenic making them prone to explosions. They also lack important safety features that can put your eyesight at risk and expose you to toxic chemicals including Krypton-85. Protect your health and keep your projector working. Buy an authentic OEM Epson PowerLite 96W projector lamp.
Buy this lamp on Amazon sold by these authorized dealers:
- ELPLP60 Projector Lamp Replacement for Epson (Housing Included)
- Epson – ELPLP60 Replacement Lamp for 420/425W/425Wi/430i/435Wi/92/93/95/96W/905 V13H010L60 (DMi EA
- 3M 78-6969-8919-9 LCD Projector Assembly with High Quality Original Bulb
Installing the Epson ELPLP60 lamp
When the projector lamp is reaching end of life, you’ll first see a red blinking light on the lamp indicator. This will turn orange when the projector lamp is about to stop working. Replace the projector lamp immediately or your projector will shut down.
Safety procedures before installation:
- Turn off the Epson PowerLite 96W projector and unplug the AC cord.
- Allow the projector to cool for one hour – it should be cool to the touch. Inside of the projector can be very hot since these machines operator under high temperatures and you run the risk of being burned if the projector has not cooled down.
- Do not operate the projectors while any of the lamps are removed as this may result in malfunctions, fire hazard and other accidents.
Caution: Don’t touch the screen or the actual bulb with your finger since the oil from your skin can cause a black spot on the bulb. The Epson PowerLite 96W lamp cover is on the side.
Using a screwdriver to gently release the cover switch.
Slide the lamp cover off. Remove the two screws on either side of Epson ELPLP60 lamp. Place the screws to either side.
Pull the lamp out using the top handle. Be sure to pull it out straight. Pulling too quickly can cause the bulb to shatter. Learn what to do should the bulb shatter.
NOTE: The Epson ELPLP60 lamp contains mercury and should not be thrown into regular garbage. Recycle your used lamps!
Take the new Epson ELPLP60 projector lamp by the handle and gently put it into place making sure the lamp is facing in the right direction. Replace the projector lamps screws and re-connect the lamp cover. Re-attach the power cord. Turn the projector on and let it warm up. Reset the Lamp Operating time.
Reset the Epson PowerLite 96W Projector Lamp Timer
Reset the Epson PowerLite 96W Lamp Replacement Counter only when the Epson ELPLP60 lamp has been replaced.
- Turn the Epson PowerLite 96W projector on.
- Press MENU to display the RESET menu.
- Press the down arrow to move down the menu to the RESET ALL option.
- A prompt message appear. Select YES and press ENTER.
- The lamp hours will be reset to zero.
- Press MENU or ESC to exit the menu
- The lamp timer will be a zero.
Get longer life with the Epson PowerLite 96W projector Lamp: Extend the life of the newly installed Epson ELPLP60 projector lamp with the following tips:
- Keep your air filters clean to avoid overheating the projector.
- Turn off the Epson PowerLite 96W and let it stand for at least one hour ever 24 hours. An average use of four to five hours per day will ensure longer lamp life.
- Make sure there is enough airflow around the projector particularly if it’s been permanently mounted.
- Learn more with Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life