The Epson EMP-820P projector lamp has an expected life of 1500 hours.
When to replace
- The lamp indicator flashes orange or lights red.
- The message “Lamp Replace” appears on the screen for 30 seconds when the projection starts.
- The user’s logo disappears on screen and the lamp replacement message appears instead.
- The images gets darker or starts to deteriorate
Using the correct lamp
Protect your investment and buy genuine Epson ELPLP15 lamps for your Epson EMP-820P projector. OEM authentic Epson ELPLP15 lamps have been manufactured to meet the specifications of your projector and will keep it working at optimum levels.
Beware of the generics being sold over the Internet! These lamps can damage the sensitive and expensive mechanisms and are also prone to explosions. They have been created with Krypton-85 and other toxic materials that put your health at risk. Installing a knock-off lamp will also void the guarantee on your Epson EMP-820P projector leaving you unprotected should anything happen after installation. Avoid hassles and buy authentic. Look for the seal of approval and buy from an authentic manufacturer. Learn how to protect yourself from counterfeit manufacturers.
Installing a new Epson ELPLP15 lamp
1. Turn off the power to the Epson EMP-820P projector. Wait for a two-minute cool down period — the projector may beep when it’s reached the time limit.
2. Disconnect the power cord after the two minutes is over.
3. Wait an additional 45 minutes to one hour for the Epson EMP-820P projector to cool internally before opening it up. Wait the full period as these projectors operate under high temperature and you can burn yourself badly.
NOTE: Do not operate the projectors while the lamp is removed as this may result in malfunctions, fire hazard and other accidents.
Use the screwdriver provided and place it into the slot so the Epson EMP-820P lamp cover lifts up. Hold the raised section of the lamp cover to slide it forward and remove it from the Epson EMP-820P projector.
Loosen the two screw holding the Epson ELPLP15 lamp in place.
Grab the sides of the Epson ELPLP15 lamp and gently pull from the projector taking care not to knock the bulb as it may break. Learn what to do should the bulb shatter.
NOTE: Don’t throw this Epson ELPLP15 into standard garbage. Since it contains mercury it must be properly recycled.
Hold the lamp so it faces the correct way and insert the Epson ELPLP15 lamp until it clicks into place. Tighten the screws.
Insert the cover tabs into the Epson EMP-820P projector. Press the other side of the cover until it clicks into place. You are ready to reset the lamp timer.
Resetting the Epson EMP-820P lamp timer
After replacing the Epson ELPLP15, you will need to reset the timer in the Epson EMP-820P so the projector can properly track the lamp life. Only reset the Epson EMP-820P lamp timer when a new Epson ELPLP15 lamp has been installed. Otherwise, the projector will NOT know when it’s time to replace the lamp. You run the risk of damaging your projector.
- Press the MENU button on either projector’s control panel or on the remote control.
- The MAIN MENU will be shown.
- Using the arrow keys scroll to Reset Lamp Timer from the ABOUT menu.
- Press the ENTER key.
- A second prompt screen will be displayed.
- Select YES to EXECUTE.
- Press the ENTER button.
- The lamp hours will be rest to zero.
Extend the life of the Epson ELPLP15 lamp:
Extend the life of the newly installed Epson ELPLP15 with the following tips:
- Keep your air filters clean to avoid overheating the projector.
- Turn off the Epson EMP-820P projector and let it stand for at least one hour ever 24 hours. An average use of four to five hours per day will ensure longer lamp life.
- Make sure there is enough airflow around the projector particularly if it’s been permanently mounted.
- Set the Brightness Mode to low or Econo Mode to extend lamp life.
- Learn more with Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life.