The brightness of the Panasonic PT-AX100U projector lamp decreases as it reaches end of life. At 1800 hours of lamp life, the LAMP indicator will turn on and an onscreen message REPLACE LAMP appears on the upper left for 30 seconds. At 2000 hours, the message will appear and stay on screen until the lamp has been replaced. If the lamp usage time has passed 2 000 hours the projector will switch to standby mode after approximately 10 minutes of operation.
The importance of authentic lamps
It’s easy to get duped into buying an inferior knock-off lamp posing as an authentic lamp. In order to keep your Panasonic PT-AX100U working at its best, you should always install an authentic projector lamp. OEM projector lamps are calibrated to work in harmony with your projector.
Find this lamp on Amazon sold by these authorized dealers:
- ET-LAX100 Panasonic Projector Lamp Replacement. Projector Lamp Assembly with Genuine Original Philips UHP Bulb inside.
- PANASONIC ET-LAX100 High Quality Original Bulb Inside Replacement Lamp with Housing for PANASONIC Projector PT-AX100, PT-AX100E, PT-AX100U, PT-AX200, PT-AX200E, PT-AX200U, TH-AX100,
- AE-Select Replacement Lamp for Multimedia Projector (ET-LAX100) for Panasonic by Panasonic
ET-LAX100 Panasonic PT-AX100 Projector Lamp by Panasonic
- AE-Select Replacement Lamp for Multimedia Projector (ET-LAX100) for Panasonic
Why avoid generics?
- generics have inferior parts so are prone or overheat and explode
- generics have a short life and don’t last longer than a few months
- Often these lamps use toxic chemicals as substitutes
- generic’s can’t be calibrated properly and will damage your projector’s optics
- copycat manufacturers offer no guarantee or refunds
- the warranty on your Panasonic PT-AX100U projector will become void
Replacing the projector lamp
Follow these important safety tips before changing the projector lamp:
- Switch off the power to the projector.
- After waiting 30 seconds, disconnect the power cord.
- Allow the Panasonic PT-AX100U projector to cool down for at least 30 minutes. If should be cool to the touch. This projector runs using high temperatures and you can burn yourself badly if you don’t allow the projector to cool down.
To replace the lamp:
Resetting the projector lamp timer
- Turn the projector on.
- Press the POWER button to project a picture on screen.
- Press the MENU button to display the menu screen, and then press the F or G button to select the OPTION menu.Press the ENTER button, and then press the F or G button to select LAMP RUNTIME.
- Press and hold the ENTER button for approximately 3 seconds. The confirmation screen, “LAMP RUNTIME RESET is displayed and select OK.
- Turn off the power. This will reset lamp timer to zero.