Follow this guide to replace the Optoma EH500 projector
When it’s time to replace the Optoma EH500 projector lamp you’ll notice the picture quality is diminishing or the color appears off. The projector automatically detects the lamp life. When the lamp life is nearing the end of use, you will receive a warning message.
Go with authentic
With so many choices, it can be confusing finding the correct projector lamp It’s easy to get duped into buying counterfeit projector lamp posing. The Optoma EH500 uses the Optoma BL-FU310B projector lamp. Look for the seal of approval and watch for telltale signs you are about to purchase a counterfeit lamp:
- low price that seems too good to be true.
- labelling that looks amateurish
- Mismatched elements, glue on the edges.
- Bulb that is scratched inside its cage
See below for more reasons to avoid counterfeit lamps.
Find this lamp on Amazon sold by these authorized dealers:
- OPTOMA TECHNOLOGY BL-FU310B UHP 310W Lamp
- Optoma BL-FU310B Projector Housing with Genuine Original Philips UHP Bulb
- Optoma Projector Lamp BL-FU310B by Optoma
Installing the projector lamp
Before installing the Optoma EH500 projector lamp follow these safety precaution
- Turn off the projector
- Unplug the power cord
- Allow the Optoma EH500 projector to cool down for at least 30 minutes. If should be cool to the touch to prevent to getting burned.
To replace the lamp
- Remove the button covering the cover screw. Loosen to screw to remove the projector cover
- Slide the top cover forward, and lifting the top cover off.
- Remove the screw on the Optoma BL-FU310B projector lamp cover and then open it up.
Loosen the three screws from the Optoma BL-FU310B projector lamp.
- Raise the handle and pull out the Optoma BL-FU310B projector lamp. NOTE: The Optoma BL-FU310B projector lamp contains mercury and should not be thrown into regular garbage. Recycle this lamp.
- Insert the replacement Optoma BL-FU310B projector lamp.
- Tighten the four screws on the lamp.
- Replace the project cover and tighten the screw.
- You are now ready to reset the lamp timer.
Reset the Optoma EH500lamp timer
Your Optoma EH500 comes equipped with an automatic lamp timer that tracks the number of hours left on the projector lamp. Each time you change the lamp you need to reset the lamp timer.
- Open the Options Menu from the Menu.
- Scroll down to the Lamp Reset option.Press Enter.
- A second screen appears asking if you want to reset the lamp hours to zero. Scroll over and choose Yes. Press Enter. The lamp timer will be reset to zero.
Longer lamp life
Learn the TOP Tips for extending the lamp life in your Optoma EH500 projector lamp projector.