Follow this step-by-step guide to replace the Epson Powerlite 800P projector
Watch for the warning signs that you need to replace the Epson Powerlite 800P projector lamp
- Image begins to dim or actually deteriorate. Colours appear distorted.
- “Replace the Lamp” warning message appears on screen.
- Lamp light lights red or starts flashing red.
- Track the hours on the lamp left on the About menu found on the Main Menu.
Genuine Epson ELPLP15 lamp are the only lamps that will keep your Epson Powerlite 800P working at its optimum levels. These OEM authentic Epson ELPLP15 lamps have been manufactured to meet the specifications of the Epson Powerlite 800P projector.
Counterfeit lamps can damage the sensitive and expensive mechanisms in your Epson Powerlite 800P projector projector and actually have a much shorter lamp life. They are also more prone to explosions due to the inferior materials used during their production.
Look for the seal of approval and buy from an authentic manufacturer. Learn how to protect yourself from counterfeit manufacturers.
Installing the new Epson ELPLP15 lamp
Do these prepatory steps before opening the Epson PowerLite 800P projector and installing the new Epson ELPLP15 lamp:
- Turn off the projector and wait until the power lights stops flashing.
- Unplug the power cord so the projector can’t be accidentally turned of while the lamp is being replaced.
- Wait for at least one hour for the Epson PowerLite 800P to cool down. These projectors operate under high heat and you can get burned very badly if the projector is still hot. Watch until the projector is cool to the touch.
Take the screwdriver that came with the Epson PowerLite 800P and use it to pop open the lamp cover. Put the lamp cover to one side.
Once the lid is removed, use the same screwdriver to loosen the screws holding the Epson ELPLP15 in place. NOTE: The screws will not come all the way out.
Grab the top ridges along the Epson ELPLP15 lamp and gently pull up without using too much force. Learn how to clean up after a bulb breaks.
NOTE: Put the old lamp aside for proper recycling. These lamps can’t be thrown into the garbage as they contain mercury.
Hold the lamp so it faces the correct way and insert the Epson ELPLP15 lamp until it clicks into place. Tighten the screws. Line up the hinges on the cover and snap back into place.
You are now ready to reset the lamp timer.
Resetting the lamp timer
Reset the Epson PowerLite 800P lamp timer when a new Epson ELPLP15 lamp has been installed so the projector can track the lamp life accurately, Failure to do so can result in the lamp being used beyond its recommended life and causing damage to your projector.
To reset the lamp timer:
- Press the MENU button on either projector’s control panel or on the remote control to display the MAIN MENU.
- Scroll down to the ABOUT menu. Press the ENTER.
- Scroll down to the Reset Lamp Timer option.
- The reset dialogue box will appear asking you to Execute? Press Yes.
- The lamp hours will be reset to zero.
- No lamp hours will appear until you have used the Epson ELPLP15 for at least 10 hours.
Tips for longer lamp life:
Extend the life of the newly installed Epson ELPLP15 with the following tips:
- Keep your air filters clean to avoid overheating the projector.
- Turn off the Epson PowerLite 800P projector and let it stand for at least one hour ever 24 hours. An average use of four to five hours per day will ensure longer lamp life.
- Make sure there is enough airflow around the projector particularly if it’s been permanently mounted.
- Learn more with Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life.