End of life
The projector will detect the lamp life for the Acer X1130K projector lamp and show the warning message: Lamp is approaching the end of its useful life in full power operation. Replacement Suggested!”
Be prepared with an authentic projector lamp
Generic “compatible” lamps may appear to be a bargain–however generic knock-off lamps are actually not that great a bargain. These are NOT authentic lamps and should be avoided for the following reasons:
- shorter lamp life than original lamps
- toxic materials and carcinogenic parts including Krypton-85
- prone to explosions
- incompatibility causing damage to the sensitive electronics in your projectors
- no guarantee or refunds when you buy from a reseller
The few dollars you save with generic “compatible” lamps is not worth it in the long run. Save yourself unnecessary headaches — buy an Acer EC.J9000.001 projector lamp from a recognized dealer. You’ll be getting a far superior product with a replacement guarantee and tech support.
Buy this lamp on Amazon sold by these authorized dealers:
- Acer EC.J9000.001 Projector Brand New High Quality Original Projector Bulb
- EC.J9000.001 Acer X1230S Projector Lamp
- EC.J9000.001 Acer X1230K Projector Lamp
Replacing the Acer X1130K projector lamp
The Acer X1130K projector uses the Acer EC.J9000.001 projector lamp. Before installation follow these important safety steps:
- Turn off the Acer X1130K projector and unplug the AC cord.
- These projectors operate under high temperatures and there is a risk of burning if the projector has not cooled enough. Allow the Acer X1130K to cool for one hour. It should be cool to the touch.
1. Remove the two screws from the cover. Lift the cover off the projector and place it to one side.
2. Remove the two screws holding the Acer X1130K projector lamp in place.
3. Lift the wire handle on the Acer EC.J9000.001 bulb and gently pull the lamp up to remove it.
Don’t throw the old Acer EC.J9000.001 projector lamp into regular garbage as it contains mercury — send it to a local recycling program.
4. Take the new Acer EC.J9000.001 projector lamp projector lamp using the wire handle. Avoid touching the bare bulb; the oil on your finger can leave a black mark on the lamp affecting the projected image. Tighten the screws on the new Acer EC.J9000.001 projector lamp.
Put the lid back onto the projector. Tighten the screw holding the lid in place. Plug the AC cables back into the projector. Turn the project on so you can reset the lamp timer.
Resetting the projector lamp timer
It’s important to always reset the lamp timer after replacing the projector lamp in your Acer X1130K projector. You want the projector to track how many hours the lamp has been used and send out warning messages when the Acer EC.J9000.001 projector lamp reaches end of life.
To reset the Projector Lamp timer:
- Open the MAIN MENU. Press ENTER.
- Scroll down to the MANAGEMENT menu. Press ENTER.
- Scroll down to the Lamp Hour reset option.
- Press the right arrow.
- The lamp will be reset to zero.
Extending the projector lamp life
- Use the Eco Mode for more lamp hours.
- Keep your air filters clean to avoid overheating the projector.
- Make sure there is enough airflow around the Acer X1130K projector.
- Learn more with Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life
A green alternative
The Acer X1130K projector has the option of also just replacing the actual bulb and re-use the plastic cage. This reduces waste and is a great way to green your projector.
Watch our training video to learn more.