Only genuine Sanyo POA-LMP115 (610-334-9565) lamps should be used in order to keep your projector is good working order. The authentic POA-LMP115 has been manufactured to meet the specifications of the Sanyo PLC-XU88.
While knock-off lamps may seem like a bargain due to their low prices, these counterfeit lamps can damage the sensitive and expensive mechanismsin your Sanyo XU88 projector. Your guarantee on your Sanyo PLC- XU88 projector may also be void if you use a counterfeit Sanyo POA-LMP115 (service parts no 610 334 9565) projector lamp.
Looking for another way to save money? Try replacing only the lamp in the Sanyo POA-LMP115. Find out more in our video guide.
Safety steps before replacing the Sanyo POA-LMP115 (6103349565) lamp
- Turn off the projector and unplug the AC cord.
- The Sanyo PLC-XU88 projector should be cool to the touch before you replace the projector lamp. It usually takes one hour for the projector to fully cool since these projectors operate under high temperatures.
- Do not operate the projector while any of the lamps are removed as this may result in malfunctions and may be a fire hazard.
Replacing the Sanyo POA-LMP115 (service parts no 610 334 9565) lamp
Caution: Avoid creating black spots on the projector lamp. Don’t touch the screen or the actual bulb with your finger or hands. Oil from your hands can damaged the lamp.
1. The lamp cover is found underneath the Lamp cover Sanyo PLC-XU88 projector. Gently turn it upside, making sure to protect the top of the projector. Using a screwdriver loosen the screw holding the cover in place. Put the cover to one side.
2. Inside will be the lamp projector cage. Remove the two screws on either side of the Sanyo POA-LMP115 (service parts no 610 334 9565) lamp. Grab the handle on the lamp cage and gently pull out the lamp. Place to one side. You’ll need to recycle the old lamp.
3. Grab then handles of the Sanyo POA-LMP115 (610-334-9565) lamp cage and gently maneuver it into place. Avoid touching the glass or the bulb. The lamp should slide in easily – don’t force it.
4. Once the lamp is in, tighten the screws on the Lamp Assembly.
5. Replace the Lamp Cover and tighten the screw.
6. Re-connect the power cord and turn on the Sanyo PLC-XU88 projector. You’ll need to reset the lamp replacement counter.
Resetting the Lamp Replacement counter on the Sanyo PLC-XU88 Projector
NOTE: Reset the Lamp Replacement Counter only when the Sanyo POA-LMP115 (service parts no 610 334 9565) lamp has been replaced.
- Turn the Sanyo PLC-XU88 projector on.
- Press the Menu option to display the On-Screen Menu.
- Press the left/right button(s) to move to the Setting Menu icon.
- Press the Point Down button to move to Lamp Counter Reset.
- Press the Select button.
- When the next confirmation dialog box appears, press select.
- The Lamp box will disappear and the Lamp Replace Dialog box appears.
- Select YES to reset Lamp Replace Counter.
NOTE: When you reset the Lamp Replace Counter the Lamp Replace indicator stops blinking.
Cleaning the air regularly on the Sanyo PLC-XU88 projector will ensure a longer life for your newly installed Sanyo POA-LMP115 (service parts no 610 334 9565) projector lamp.