Wondering when and how to change the lamp in your Epson EMP-TW700 projector? Follow this handy step-by-step manual for a quick and easy installation!
Knowing when to replace the Epson ELPLP39 lamp is the first step! Lamp life for the Epson EMP-TW700 will vary according to how much the projector is used. The replacement warning is set to appear after 1600 hours of lamp usage. In order to maintain the brightness and clarity of the projected images, do not use the lamp past the allocated time. Using it past it’s recommended time increases the risk of explosion.
Watch for the warning signs that the Epson ELPLP39 needs to be replaced:
- the lamp warning on the projector started to blink red and continues blinking
- the picture gets darker and continues to deteriorate
- the message “Replace the lamp” appears on screen when the projector is turned on.
Step 2: Get the right lamp ready
Replace the Epson ELPLP39 lamp with a guaranteed authentic lamp. Look for the seal of approval to verify your Epson ELPLP39 lamp is authentic and buy from an authorized manufacturer.
If the price of the lamp you’re about to buy seems like an incredible bargain, chances are it’s counterfeit and has been created using inferior parts that damage the inside of your Epson EMP-TW700 projector. Generic lamps also come with a health risk; since copycat manufacturers can’t get the proper materials they often using highly toxic substitutes.
Buying a knock-off lamp will also void your warranty and should anything happen to the projector you will not be covered. Go with an authentic Epson ELPLP39 — it’s worth the few extra dollars to save yourself problems.
Step 3: Installing the Epson ELPLP39
Before opening up the Epson EMP-TW700 to install the lamp, follow these steps:
- press the power button and wait for the light to stop flashing.
- turn off the power switch at the back on the projector
- unplug any power cords to cables to prevent the projector from accidentally being turned on.
- give the projector one full hour to cool. The Epson EMP-TW700 operates on high heat and you will burn yourself if the projector has not cooled down.
Gently press on the EMP-TW700 lamp cover. Slide it away from the projector and then lift up to remove.
Using the screw driver provided, locate the two screws holding the Epson ELPLP39 lamp in place. Loosen both screws (they will not come out of the lamp altogether).
Grab the handle on the Epson ELPLP39 and gently pull the lamp up. Pulling too quickly can break the glass bulb. Learn what to do should the bulb shatter.
NOTE: The Epson ELPLP39 CAN’T be thrown into regular garbage! Since it contains mercury and should not be properly recycled! Your authorized manufacturer will recycle the lamp for you at no extra cost. (Another reason to go with authentic lamps!)
Remove the packaging from the new Epson ELPLP39 lamp being sure not to touch the glass bulb. Your fingerprints can leave oil marks on the glass causing black spots to appear on screen when the projector heats up.
Line up the Epson ELPLP39 lamp and gently lower it into the EMP-TW700 projector.
Line up the EMP-TW700 cover hinges with the projector and place the lamp cover into them. Slide the lamp cover back down and click it into place. You’re now ready to reset the lamp operating timer.
Resetting the Lamp Operating Timer
The Lamp Operating Timer determines when the Epson ELPLP39 lamp is reaching its 1600 hours end of life. Only reset this option when you have installed a new lamp otherwise you run the risk of using an older lamp past its recommended usage. This can cause the old lamp to explode.
To reset the Lamp Operating Timer:
- Plug the power cord back into the projector
- Press the on button and wait for the projector to warm up.
- Press the MENU button to display the CONFIGURATION MENU.
- Scroll down to select RESET menu.
- Scroll down and choose RESET LAMP HOURS option
- Press ENTER.
- The reset lamp hour message will show up.
- Select YES
- Press ENTER.
- Lamp hours will be set to zero.
Extending the Epson ELPLP39 lamp life
Get more hours from your Epson ELPLP39 lamp by following these maintenance tips:
- To avoid overhearing the projector and causing the lamp to explode, keep the air filters clean.
- Let the Epson EMP-TW700 rest for at least one hour per day.
- Using it only our to five hours per day will give the lamp a longer life.
- Make sure there is enough airflow around the projector particularly if it’s been permanently mounted. Overheating can cause lamp failure.