Dark Screen? Flashing red light? It’s time to replace the Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 8700 UB projector lamp
Step 1: When to replace
Watch for the signs that it’s time to replace the Epson ELPLP49 projector lamp:
- The projector image gets darker and starts to deteriorate.
- The projector lamp flashes red.
- The warning message REPLACE THE LAMP appears on screen.
You can expect 4000 hours of life from the lamp depending on the settings and usage.
Step 2: Buy the right projector lamp
The Internet has been flooded with counterfeit projector lamps stating they are “compatible” with Epson projectors. However most generics have a shorter lamp life than original lamps. Consider the source of your lamp. purchasing. Look for a registered OEM manufacturer wusing the correct materials. Many from overseas counterfeits are created with toxic materials and carcinogenic parts. Despite the cheaper price tag these lamps actually cost more since they are prone to explosions and have a much shorter life.
Buying from an authentic manufacturer guarantees a projector lamp that works properly with your Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 8700 UB. Too often, after counterfeit projector lamps have damages the sensitive electronics in your projector it’s too late for refunds and your warranty has become void.
Buy authentic and keep your Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 8700 UB running at its optimum levels.
Find this authentic lamp on Amazon sold by these authorized dealers:
- Epson ELPLP49 Replacement Lamp – 200W UHE – 4000 Hour V13H010L49
- Guaranteed for One Year! Epson ELPLP49, V13H010L49 Premium Replacement DLP/LCD Cinema Projector Lamp with Housing
- Epson Projector Lamp Part ELPLP49-ER V13H010L49 Model Epson HC6100 EH TW2800
- Epson ELP-LP49 Projector Assembly with 200 Watt UHE Osram Projector Bulb
- ePharos ELPLP49 / V13H010L49 Replacement Lamp with Housing for Epson Projectors
Step 3: Install a new Epson ELPLP49 lamp
- Turn power button off wait for light to stop flashing
- Turn off power switch on the back of the Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 8700 UB projector
- Unplug the power cord
- Allow the Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 6100 to cool for one hour – it should be cool to the touch. Inside the projector can be very hot since these machines operator under high temperatures and you run the risk of being burned if the projector has not cooled down.
- Do not operate the projectors while any of the lamps are removed as this may result in malfunctions, fire hazard and other accidents.
Caution: Don’t touch the screen or the actual bulb with your finger since the oil from your skin can cause a black spot on the bulb.
1. The projector lamp cover for the Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 8700 UB is found on top of the projector. Take the screwdriver that came with the projector and put it into opening on the lamp cover to release the cover switch. Remove the projector lamp cover.
2. Remove the two screws on either side of Epson ELPLP49 projector lamp. Place the screws to either side.
3. Pull the projector lamp out using the top handle. Be sure to pull it out straight. Pulling too quickly can cause the bulb to shatter. Learn what to do should the bulb shatter.
NOTE: The Epson ELPLP49 projector lamp contains mercury and should not be thrown into regular garbage. Recycle your used lamps!
4. Take the new Epson ELPLP49 projector lamp by the handle and gently put it into place making sure the lamp is facing in the right direction.
5. Replace the Epson ELPLP49 screws on the newly installed lamp.
6. Re-connect the projector lamp cover. Tighten the screws on the cord and turn on the Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 8700 UB projector.
7. Re-attach the power cord. Turn the projector on and let it warm up.
8. Reset the Lamp Operating time.
Reset the Epson Projector Lamp Timer
Reset the Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 8700 UB Lamp Replacement Counter only when the Epson ELPLP49 projector lamp has been replaced.
- Turn the Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 8700 UB projector on.
- Press MENU to display the configuration menu.
- Press the down arrow to move down the menu to the Reset option.
- Press Enter to enter the Reset Menu.
- Press the down arrow to move down the menu to the Reset Lamp Hours option.
- Press Enter.
- When the Reset Lamp Hour option has been chosen the Reset Lamp Hours message will appear.
- Use the cursor to move to the YES option.
- Press Enter to reset the lamp hours to zero.
Prolong the life of the Epson ELPLP49 projector lamp:
Extend the life of the newly installed Epson ELPLP49 projector lamp with the following tips:
- Keep your air filters clean to avoid overheating the projector.
- Turn off the Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 8700 UB and let it stand for at least one hour ever 24 hours. An average use of four to five hours per day will ensure longer lamp life.
- Make sure there is enough airflow around the projector particularly if it’s been permanently mounted.
- Learn more with Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life