End of life
Watch for these signs that signal it’s time to replace the Epson EB-825W projector lamp:
- The projected image gets darker or starts to deteriorate.
- The message Replace the lamp appears on the screen
- The projector lamp warning starts flashing.
Invest in authentic
Keep Epson EB-825W projector keep working at its best levels by installing an authentic replacement projector lamp. Look for the seal of approval before buying your Epson EB-825W projector lamp. Generic lamps may appear to be a bargain die to their prices but athey can damage the sensitive electronics in your projector. Generic lamps have a shorter lamp life and are prone to explosions that can damage your projector beyond repair. Without the necessary protective guards in place they can damage your eyesight and expose you to toxic materials and carcinogenic materials. Learn how to protect yourself. Read the 7 Ways to Spot a Counterfeit Lamp.
Find this lamp on Amazon sold by these authorized dealers:
- ELPLP50 Epson Projector Lamp Replacement. Epson ELP-LP50 Projector Lamp with High Quality 200 Watt UHE Osram Bulb Inside
- Premium ELPLP50 / V13H010L50 Projection Lamp With Housing For EPSON Projector EB-824, EB-824H, EB-825, EB-825H, EB-825V, EB-825VH, EB-826W, EB-826WH, EB-826WV, EB-826WVH, EB-84, EB-84H, EB-84He, EB-84,L EB-85, EB-85H, EB-85V, EB-85VH, PowerLite 825, PowerLite 825+, PowerLite 826W, PowerLite 826W+
- Projector Lamp ELPLP50/V13H010L50 w/Housing For EPSON Projectors and 1-Year Replacement Warranty
- G-lamps ELPLP50 / V13H010L50 Replacement Lamp with Housing for EPSON PowerLite 825/825+/826W/826W+/84/84+/85/85+
Installing the new projector lamp
The Epson EB-825W uses the Epson ELPLP50 projector lamp.
- Turn power button off wait for light to stop flashing.
- Turn off power switch on Epson EB-825W projector.
- Unplug the power cord.
- Before changing the projector lamp, allow the Epson EB-825W projector to cool down. It should be cool to the touch before you open it to change the projector lamp. Otherwise you run the risk of burning yourself.
- Do not operate the projectors while any of the lamps are removed as this may result in malfunctions, fire hazard and other accidents.
Caution: Don’t touch the actual bulb with your fingers since the oil from your skin can cause a black spot on the bulb.
The lamp cover is found on top of the Epson EB-825W projector. Loosen the lamp cover screw — you can’t remove it only loosen it.
Slide the Epson EB-825W projector lamp cover off.
Loosen the two screws holding the Epson ELPLP50 projector lamp in place.
Grab the Epson ELPLP50 projector lamp by the side indents. Gently pull the lamp out. Pulling too quickly can cause the bulb to shatter. Learn what to do should this happen.
NOTE: The Epson ELPLP50 V13H010L50 projector lamp contains mercury and should not be thrown into regular garbage. Recycle your used lamps! If you bought from an authentic manufacturer they will recycle the lamp for you at no extra cost (another reason to buy authentic lamps).
Gently insert the Epson ELPLP50 projector lamp making sure it’s facing the right way.
Tighten the screws on the new Epson ELPLP50 projector lamp. Be sure not to tighten too much or the lamp may not work.
Replace the lamp cover and tighten the screw on the EB-825W projector lamp cover.
Reset the Epson EB-825W projector lamp timer.
Reset the projector lamp timer
Reset the Epson EB-825W projector Lamp Replacement Counter only when the Epson ELPLP50 projector lamp has been replaced.
- Press the MENU button on the remote control. The Lamp Reset Menu will appear.
- Scroll down to the RESET LAMP HOURS. Press ENTER.
- A prompt appears asking if you want to RESET LAMP HOURS?
- Select YES and press ENTER.
- Press MENU to exit.
Prolong the life of the Epson ELPLP50 projector lamp:
Extend the life of the newly installed Epson ELPLP50 projector lamp with the following tips:
- Keep your air filters clean to avoid overheating the projector.
- Turn off the Epson EB-825W projector and let it stand for at least one hour ever 24 hours. An average use of four to five hours per day will ensure longer lamp life.
- Make sure there is enough airflow around the projector particularly if it’s been permanently mounted.
- Learn more with Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life.