Resist the temptation to buy a cheaper counterfeit model as this can damage the sensitive mechanisms in your projector. When you purchase an authentic projector lamp, you’re guaranteed a lamp that has been manufactured with high quality parts and one that won’t damage the sensitive mechanisms in your Sanyo PLC-SU40 projector.
Your lamp number is Sanyo POA-LMP53 (service part no 610 303 5826).
STEP-BY-STEP INSTRUCTIONS FOR REPLACING THE Sanyo POA-LMP53 lamp
Before installation: Turn off the projector and unplug the AC cord. Allow the projector to cool for one hour – it should be cool to the touch. These machines operate under high temperatures and there is a BURN DANGER unless you allow it TO COOL.
Caution: Don’t touch the screen or the actual bulb with your finger since the oil from your skin can cause a black spot on the bulb.
- The lamp cover for the Sanyo PLC-SU40 lamp is located at the bottom of the projector. Gently turn the projector over. Locate the screw holding the lamp cover in place, found on the right side of the projector, alongside the ventilation holes.
- Remove the three screws holding the light in place. Grab the handle on the lamp cage and gently remove the lamp. Place to one side. Be sure to dispose of the lamp properly through a local recycling program.
- Take the new Sanyo POA-LMP53 (service part no 610 303 5826 lamp cage by the handle and gently maneuver it into place.
- Avoid touching the glass or the bulb. The lamp should slide in easily – don’t force it. Once the lamp is in, tighten all three screws on the Lamp Assembly.
- Make sure the screws have been tightened properly or the projector will not turn on.
- Replace the Lamp Cover and tighten the screw.
- Re-connect the power cord and turn on the Sanyo PLC-SU40 lamp projector. If the lamp does not turn on after the warm-up period, try re-installing the lamp.
- Reset the lamp hour using the Setting menu.
- Your old lamp should be properly recycled. These lamps contain mercury and can’t be placed into common garbage
Resetting PLC-SU40 Lamp Replacement Counter
CAUTION: Don’t operate the projectors while any of the lamps are removed as this may result in malfunctions, fire hazard and other accidents. Reset the Lamp Replacement Counter only when the Sanyo POA-LMP53 (service part no 610 303 5826 has been replaced.
- Turn the Sanyo PLC-SU40 projector on.
- Press the Menu option to display the On-Screen Menu.
- Press Point left/right button(s) to Setting Menu icon.
- Press Point Down button to move the red frame pointer to Lamp counter reset.
- Press the Select button.
- Another confirmation dialog box appears, select YES.
NOTE: When you reset the Lamp Replace Counter is reset, the Lamp Indicator will stop blinking.
Extend the life of the Sanyo POA-LMP53 projector lamp
Extend the life of your newly installed Sanyo POA-LMP53 (service part no 610 303 5826) by following these helpful tips:
- Wait at least five minutes before turning the Sanyo PLC-SU40 projector off.
- Don’t operate the projector continuously without letting it stand for at least one hour turned off every 24 hours.
- Cleaning the air filter regularly will also prolong the life of the Sanyo POA-LMP53 (service part no 610 303 5826) and prevent the Sanyo PLC-SU40 projector from overheating.