Follow our easy 10-minute guide to installation. It will take less than 10 minutes!
The lamp in your projector is one of the most important pieces of equipment. Projector lamps, also known as projector light bulbs or projector bulbs, come in different wattage and are created to match the specifications in your projector.
When the projector lamp in your Sanyo PLC-SW20 projector is nearing it’s end of life, you’ll see a yellow blinking light on the top of the control panel. This is the Lamp Indicator warning you that it’s time to replace the projector bulb. Follow our easy 3-step guide to replacing your projector bulb.
STEP ONE: Buy the right projector lamp
Your replacement projector lamp is Sanyo POA-LMP36 (service part no 610 293 8210). One of the best things you can do to prolong the life of your projector and get the optimum use out of your Sanyo PLC-SW20 is to invest in an genuine lamp from the original manufacturer. Unlike generic lamps, these original projector bulbs use authentic parts that work properly in your projector. Knock-off lamps may sell at a slightly cheaper price but they have not been made with original materials and the toxic products they use are inferior. They can actually damage your projector. (Your warranty also becomes invalid.)
There are plenty of knock-off Sanyo POA-LMP36 lamps on the market posing as the real thing. Your biggest clue will be the price. What may seem like a bargain though may actually end up costing you more money. Protect yourself, spot the knock-off before buying and go with the guaranteed genuine Sanyo POA-LMP36 (610 293 8210) projector lamp for your Sanyo PLC-SW20 projector.
Looking for a less expensive option? Are you technically adept? Watch our step-by-step video on replacing only the Sanyo POA-LMP36 (610 293 8210) bulb instead of the entire lamp housing.
STEP TWO: Installing the Sanyo POA-LMP36 lamp
Important Safety Steps:
- Turn the projector off. Disconnect the AC cord. Allow the Sanyo PLC-SW20 projector to cool down for at least 45 minutes. The inside of the projector gets extremely hot — don’t attempt to change the lamp with the projector running or you will burn yourself badly.
- The lamp cover is on the bottom. Turn the projector over and remove the single screw holding the cover in place. Put the lamp cover to one side.
- Remove the two screws holding the lamp assembly in place. Grab the handle and pull out the used Sanyo POA-LMP36 (6102938210) projector lamp. Be sure to send the lamp to your local recycling program.
- Take the new Sanyo POA-LMP36 (service part no 610 293 8210) by the handle. Avoid touching the actual bulb since any fingerprints leave a black mark on the lamp when it heats up and give you black spots on your images. Using the handle, gently push the lamp into place.
- Tighten the two screws on the lamp assembly.
- Put the lamp cover back in place and tighten the single screw.
- Re-connect the AC cord.
- Move onto Step three to reset the Lamp Replace Counter.
DON’T throw this used Sanyo POA-LMP36 (service part no 610 293 8210) lamp into the garbage since it contains mercury and needs to be properly recycled.
STEP THREE: Resetting the Sanyo PLC-SW20 Lamp Replace Counter
NOTE: Reset the Lamp Replace Counter ONLY WHEN the Sanyo POA-LMP36 (service part no 610 293 8210) lamp has been REPLACED.
- Press the MENU Button to display the MAIN MENU.
- Press the POINT LEFT/RIGHT button and scroll right to select SETTING.
- Press the SELECT button to display the SETTING DISPLAY menu.
- Press the POINT DOWN button (a red arrow will appear).
- Move the red arrow to the LAMP AGE and then press the SELECT button.
- The message “Lamp replace counter reset?” appears. Move the arrow down to YES and press the SELECT button.
- The message “OK?” appears. Click on YES.
- Move the arrow to QUIT and press the SELECT button.
In order for the projector to properly track the life cycle of your Sanyo POA-LMP36 (service part no 610 293 8210) projector lamp you’ll need to reset the Lamp Replace Counter. Once reset it will properly track the correct age of your newly installed Sanyo POA-LMP36 (service part no 610 293 8210)projector bulb and trigger the Lamp Indicator on your Sanyo PLC-SW20 projector.
Want to prolong the life of your Sanyo POA-LMP36 projector bulb?
Follow these easy tips to make your Sanyo POA-LMP36 (service part no 610 293 8210) last longer!
- Wait at least five minutes before turning the Sanyo PLC-SW20 projector off.
- Don’t operate the projector continuously without letting it stand for at least one hour turned off every 24 hours.
- Cleaning the air filter regularly will also prolong the life of the Sanyo POA-LMP36 (service part no 610 293 8210) and prevent the Sanyo PLC-SW20 projector from overheating.