When its time to replace the Epson PowerLite 92 projector lamp, the indicator light on the projector will start blinking red. A replacement warning message will also appear on screen. When the lamp turn orange replace the projector lamp immediately.
Get the right lamp
The Internet has been flooded with generic lamps stating they are “compatible” with Epson projectors. However most generics have a shorter lamp life than original lamps. Consider the source of your lamp. Look for a registered OEM manufacturer who is building the compatible lamps in North America and using the correct materials. All the compatible “generic” lamps from overseas are are created with toxic materials and carcinogenic parts including Krypton-85. Foreign produced lamps may have a cheaper price tag but in the long run cost more since prone to explosions and usually damage the sensitive electronics in your projectors. Without the proper guards, your eyesight is also at risk. Buy OEM authentic and keep your Epson PowerLite 92 working properly.
The Epson PowerLite 92 uses the Epson ELPLP60 projector lamp.
Buy this lamp on Amazon sold by these authorized dealers:
- ELPLP60 Projector Lamp Replacement for Epson (Housing Included)
- Epson – ELPLP60 Replacement Lamp for 420/425W/425Wi/430i/435Wi/92/93/95/96W/905 V13H010L60 (DMi EA
- 3M 78-6969-8919-9 LCD Projector Assembly with High Quality Original Bulb
Installing the Epson ELPLP60 lamp
- Turn off the Epson PowerLite 92 projector and unplug the AC cord.
- Allow the projector to cool for one hour – it should be cool to the touch. Inside of the projector can be very hot since these machines operator under high temperatures and you run the risk of being burned if the projector has not cooled down.
- Do not operate the projectors while any of the lamps are removed as this may result in malfunctions, fire hazard and other accidents.
Caution: Don’t touch the screen or the actual bulb with your finger since the oil from your skin can cause a black spot on the bulb.
1. The lamp cover for the Epson PowerLite 92 is found on side of the projector. Take the screwdriver that came with the projector and put it into opening on the lamp cover to release the cover switch. Remove the lamp cover.
2. Remove the two screws on either side of Epson ELPLP60 lamp. Place the screws to either side.
3. Pull the lamp out using the top handle. Be sure to pull it out straight. Pulling too quickly can cause the bulb to shatter. Learn what to do should the bulb shatter. NOTE: The Epson ELPLP60 lamp contains mercury and should not be thrown into regular garbage. Recycle your used lamps!
4, Take the new Epson ELPLP60 projector lamp by the handle and gently put it into place making sure the lamp is facing in the right direction.
5. Replace the Epson ELPLP60 screws on the newly installed lamp.
6. Re-connect the lamp cover. Tighten the screws on the cord and turn on the Epson PowerLite 92 projector.
7. Re-attach the power cord. Turn the projector on and let it warm up.
8. Reset the Lamp Operating time.
Reset the Epson PowerLite 92 Projector Lamp Timer
Reset the Epson PowerLite 92 Lamp Replacement Counter only when the Epson ELPLP60 lamp has been replaced.
- Turn the Epson PowerLite 92 projector on.
- Press MENU to display the RESET menu.
- Press the down arrow to move down the menu to the RESET ALL option.
- A prompt message appear. Select YES and press ENTER.
- The lamp hours will be reset to zero.
- Press MENU or ESC to exit the menu
- The lamp timer will be a zero.
Get longer life with the Epson PowerLite 92 projector Lamp:
Extend the life of the newly installed Epson ELPLP60 with the following tips:
- Keep your air filters clean to avoid overheating the projector.
- Turn off the Epson PowerLite 92 and let it stand for at least one hour ever 24 hours. An average use of four to five hours per day will ensure longer lamp life.
- Make sure there is enough airflow around the projector particularly if it’s been permanently mounted.
- Learn more with Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life