STEP-BY-STEP INSTRUCTIONS FOR SANYO PLC-SE10 LAMP REPLACEMENT
When it’s time to change your lamp on your Sanyo PLC-SE10 projector, you’ll notice the yellow light blinking on the Lamp Indicator found on the top control panel.
You’ll need a Sanyo POA-LMP50 (Service Parts No. 610 301 0144) lamp replacement.
Be sure to use buy an authentic Sanyo POA-LMP50 (Service Parts No. 610 301 0144) lamp from a verified source. These genuine lamps have manufactured to meet the specifications of the Sanyo PLC-SE10 projector. Resist the temptation to buy a cheaper POA-LMP50 as these are often counterfeit models that can damage the sensitive mechanisms in your Sanyo PLC-SE10 projector.
Replacing the POA-LMP50 Lamp Assembly
1. Turn off the projector and unplug the AC cord. Allow the Sanyo PLC-SE10 projector to cool for one hour – it should be cool to the touch. Inside of the projector can be very hot since these machines operator under high temperatures and there is a burn danger unless it is cooled.
2. You’ll find the Lamp Cover on the bottom of the Sanyo PLC-SE10 projector. Using a Philips screwdriver loosen the screw holding the cover in place. Put the cover to one side.
3. Remove the three screws on either side of each the POA-LMP50 (Service Parts No. 610 301 0144) lamp. Grab the handle on the lamp cage and gently remove the lamp. Place to one side. Take the new POA-LMP50 (610 301 0144) lamp cage by the handle—avoid touching the lamp surface as oil from your fingers can cause black spots to appear when the projector is turned on. Gently maneuver the lamp into place. Don’t force the lamp as this may damage it.
4. Once the lamp is in, tighten all three screws on the POA-LMP50 (Service Parts No. 610 301 0144) Lamp Assembly. Make sure the screws have been tightened properly or the Sanyo PLC-SE10 projector will not turn on.
5. Replace the Lamp Cover and tighten the screw.
6. Re-connect the power cord and turn on the Sanyo PLC-SE10 projector. If the POA-LMP50 (Service Parts No. 610 301 0144) lamp does not turn on after the warm-up period, try re-installing the lamp. Reset the lamp hour using the Lamp Control mode found on the Setting menu.
NOTE: Your old POA-LMP50 (Service Parts No. 610 301 0144) lamp should be properly recycled. These lamps contain mercury and can’t be placed into common garbage.
Reset Sanyo PLC-SE10 Lamp Replacement Counter
CAUTION: Reset the Lamp Replacement Counter only when the POA-LMP50 (Service Parts No. 610 301 0144) lamp has been replaced. Do not operate the projectors while any of the lamps are removed as this may result in malfunctions, fire hazard and other accidents.
- Turn the Sanyo PLC-SE10 projector on.
- Press the Menu option to display the On-Screen Menu.
- Press Point left/right button(s) to move a red frame poster to Setting Menu icon.
- Press the black arrow point button to move the red framed pointer to the Setting Menu Icon.
- Press Point Down button to move the red frame pointer to Lamp counter reset.
- Press the Select button.
Prolong the life of your new POA-LMP50 lamp
To maintain the life of your newly installed Sanyo POA-LMP50 (Service Parts No. 610 301 0144), wait at least five minutes before turning the Sanyo PLC-SE10 projector off. Don’t operate the projector continuously without letting it stand for at least one hour turned off every 24 hours. Regular cleaning of the air filter will also prolong lamp life.