Follow our easy 3-step guide to a new Sanyo PLC-SL20 projector lamp.
Signs you need to replace the Sanyo POA-LMP65 (service parts no 610 307 7925) in the Sanyo PLC-SL20 projector:
1. The Replace Lamp Indicator on the top of the projector is blinking yellow.
2. The screen of the Sanyo PLC-SL20 looks dim.
3. The picture coming from the projector looks unnatural or the color is off.When you see these signs, change the Sanyo POA-LMP65 (610 307 7925) immediately.
STEP ONE: Purchase the correct projector lamp
The lifespan of your Sanyo POA-LMP65 (service parts no 610 307 7925) lamp will vary depending on how much the projector is used and if the filters are cleaned regularly.
The best thing you can do to prolong the life of your Sanyo PLC-SL20 and save money is to invest in an original Sanyo POA-LMP65 (610 307 7925).
projector lamp. Generic lamps look like a great bargain since they are generally cheaper, however, these knock-off lamps are created with inferior materials. They are susceptible to explosions, have a shorter life span and can damage the precise components in your Sanyo PLC-SL20 projector. Installing a knock-off generic lamp also voids your warranty.
Learn more about spotting dangerous projector lamps by reading our article: 7 tips for spotting counterfeits.
Looking for a less expensive option? Are you technically saavy? Watch our step-by-step video on replacing only the Sanyo POA-LMP65 (service parts no 610 307 7925) bulb instead of the entire lamp housing.
STEP TWO: Install the Sanyo POA-LMP65 lamp
- NOTE: Allow the Sanyo PLC-SL20 projector to thoroughly cool before changing the lamp. Turn off the projector, unplug the AC cord and allow 45 to 60 minutes for the projector to cool. These projectors operate under high heat and there is a possibility of being burned, if the projector is not fully cooled before changing the lamp.
- The lamp cover for the Sanyo PLC-SL20 is at the bottom of the projector. Gently turn projector over and loosen the screw holding the cover in place. Place the cover to one side.
- Inside you’ll find the Sanyo POA-LMP65 (service parts no 610 307 7925) lamp cage. Loosen all three screws holding the lamp cage in place.
- Grab the lamp handle and gently lift the lamp out of its socket. Place to one side. Be sure to dispose of the used lamp through a local recycling program. Don’t throw this lamp into regular garbage as it contains mercury.
- Taking the new Sanyo POA-LMP65 lamp assembly by the handle place it into the slot. Avoid touching the actual bulb as the oil from your fingers can burn a black spot on the lenses or you can accidentally break the bulb. Don’t force the lamp into place — it should slide into the slot easily.
- Once the lamp is in, tighten all three screws on the Sanyo POA-LMP65 (6103077925) lamp assembly. Make sure the screws have been tightened properly or the Sanyo PLC-SL20 projector will not turn on.
- Replace the Lamp Cover and tighten the screw. Re-connect the power cord and turn on the PLC-SL20 projector. If the Sanyo POA-LMP65 (service parts no 610 307 7925) lamp does not turn on after the warm-up period, try re-installing the lamp.
- Reset the Lamp Replacement Counter following the instructions below.
NOTE: Your old Sanyo POA-LMP65 (service parts no 610 307 7925) lamp should be properly recycled. These lamps contain mercury and can’t be placed into common garbage.
STEP THREE: Reset the Sanyo PLC-SL20 Lamp Replace Counter
The Lamp Replace Counter for the Sanyo PLC-SL20 will track the correct age of your newly installed lamp and trigger the Lamp Replacement Indicator. Failure to reset the counter may result in the projector not tracking the end of life for the Sanyo POA-LMP65 (service parts no 610 307 7925) and letting the projector inadvertently use the lamp past its normal life cycle. Your Sanyo PLC-SL20 may stop working suddenly if the Lamp Replace Counter has not been properly set.
- Press the MENU Button to display the MAIN MENU. Press the POINT LEFT/RIGHT button and scroll right to select SETTING.
- Press the SELECT button to display the SETTING DISPLAY menu.
- Press the POINT DOWN button (a red arrow will appear).
- Move the red arrow to the LAMP AGE and then press the SELECT button.
- The message “Lamp replace counter reset?” appears. Move the arrow down to YES and press the SELECT button.
- Move the arrow to QUIT and press the SELECT button.
3 tips for extending the life of the Sanyo POA-LMP65 projector lamp
Extend the life of your newly installed Sanyo POA-LMP65 (610 307 7925) by following these helpful tips:
- Wait at least five minutes before turning the PLC-SL20 projector off.
- Don’t operate the projector continuously without letting it stand for at least one hour turned off every 24 hours.
- Cleaning the air filter regularly will also prolong the life of the Sanyo POA-LMP65 (service parts no 610 307 7925) and prevent the PLC-SL20 projector from overheating.