This guide shows how to replace the Epson EH-TW6600 projector lamp.
End of life warnings
The Epson EH-TW6600 projector lamp replacement message is set to appear after 3400 hours of use. It’s time to replace the when the following signs are seen:
- The projected image gets darker or starts to deteriorate.
- The message Replace the lamp appears on the screen
The projector’s lamp light starts flashing orange and the power light starts flashing blue
The lamp itself becomes darker or stops working altogether
Go with authentic
An authentic Epson EH-TW6600 projector lamp will keep your projector working at its best. Counterfeits simply can’t offer the same performance or value due to their many problems that include:
- shorter lamp life
- prone to explosions
- damage your eyesight
- exposure to toxic materials and carcinogenic materials
- damage to sensitive electronics in your projector
Look for the seal of approval before buying your projector lamp.
Find this lamp on Amazon sold by these authorized dealers:
Installing the new Projector Lamp
The Epson EH-TW6600 uses the Epson ELPLP85 projector lamp.
- Turn off power switch on EH-TW6600 projector.
- Unplug the electrical cord.
- Allow the EH-TW6600 projector to cool down. It should be cool to the touch before you open it to change the projector lamp. Otherwise you run the risk of burning yourself.
- Do not operate the projectors while the lamps have been removed as this may result in malfunctions, fire hazard and other accidents.
- The lamp cover is found on top of the EH-TW6600 projector. Loosen the lamp cover screw — you can’t remove it only loosen it.
- Slide the projector lamp cover off.
- Loosen the two screws holding the Epson ELPLP85 projector lamp in place.
- Using the wire handle on the projector lamp, gently pull the lamp out. Be careful not to bang the lamp against the projector. NOTE: The Epson ELPLP85 projector lamp contains mercury and should be recycled properly.
- Gently insert the replacement Epson ELPLP85 projector lamp making sure it’s facing the right way.
- Be sure not to touch the actual glass bulb as the oil from your fingers will leave a black mark on the screen.
- Tighten the screws on the new Epson ELPLP85 projector lamp. Be sure not to tighten too much or the lamp may not work.
- Replace the lamp cover and tighten the screw on the projector lamp cover. You are now ready to reset the projector lamp timer.
Reset the projector lamp timer
Reset the EH-TW6600 projector Lamp Replacement Counter only when the Epson ELPLP85 projector lamp has been replaced. Otherwise the projector may run past the recommended lamp life and suffer an explosion.
- Turn on the projector
- Press the MENU button on the remote control. The Lamp Reset Menu will appear.
- Scroll down to the RESET MENU. Press ENTER.
- Select RESET LAMP HOURS. Press ENTER.
- Select YES to the prompt asking if you want to reset the lamp hours. Press ENTER.
- Press MENU to exit.
Prolong the life of the EH-TW6600 projector lamp:
Extend the life of the newly installed Epson ELPLP85 projector lamp with the following tips:
- Keep your air filters clean to avoid overheating the projector.
- Turn off the EH-TW6600 projector and let it stand for at least one hour ever 24 hours. An average use of four to five hours per day will ensure longer lamp life.
- Make sure there is enough airflow around the projector particularly if it’s been permanently mounted.
- Learn more with Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life