Follow our 3 step guide to a new ASK Proxima LAMP-026 projector lamp for your ASK DP-6100 projector.
Step 1: Finding the correct lamp
When it’s time to replace the ASK Proxima LAMP-026 for your ASK DP-6100 projector, you’ll see the ALARM button on the projector light up red. A lamp warning message will also appear on screen.
Go with authentic
You’ll get the best lamp for your ASK DP-6100 projector when you buy from an authorized dealer. An ASK Proxima LAMP-026 manufactured by an OEM company use the correct materials and are designed to work properly with the intricate components in your ASK DP-6100 projector.
Beware of cheaper knock-off lamps sold at discount prices. They appear to be a great bargain but will actually cost more money in the long run. These lamps have a shorter life span and will damage your projector. The copy-cat manufacturers creating these lamps don’t have the same safety concerns are and using toxic materials such as the cancer-causing compound Krypton 85 to manufacture their inferior lamps. These generic “compatible” lamps are prone to breaking or exploding from overheating, exposing people to these toxic materials inside the lamp. Installing them also voids your projector warranty.
Protect your health and keep your projector warranty valid — buy an authentic ASK Proxima LAMP-026 .
STEP 2: Replacing the ASK LAMP-026 projector lamp
IMPORTANT: Before replacing the ASK Proxima LAMP-026 allow the ASK DP-6100 projector to fully cool down for at least one hour. These projectors operate under high heat and there is a seriousrisk of burning if the projector is not cooled enough.
To install a new ASK LAMP-026 lamp:
- Gently turn over the ASK DP-6100 projector to access the lamp cage.
- Loosen the 3 screws holding the ASK Proxima LAMP-026 lamp in place.
- Grab the handle on the ASK LAMP-026 lamp cage and gently lift out the lamp. Place to one side.
IMPORTANT: These lamps contain mercury and should be sent to a local recycling program for proper disposal. Don’t throw into regular garbage!
- Take the new ASK Proxima LAMP-026 lamp. Don’t touch the bare bulb since the oil on your finger will burn a black mark on the lamp when the projector is turn on. This will cause a black spot on the screen and affect the projected image.
- Place the ASK LAMP-026 into the projector.
- Tighten the three screws on the new ASK Proxima LAMP-026 lamp.
- Be sure to clean the filter.
- You are ready to reset the Lamptimer.
STEP 3: Resetting the Lamptimer
It’s important to reset the Lamptimer after replacing the ASK LAMP-026 in the DP-6100 projector in order that the lamp life be accurately tracked and recorded. Failure to do so may result in the lamp being used longer than it’s lamp life.
To reset the Lamptimer:
- Open the MAIN MENU. Press ENTER.
- Scroll down to the SERVICE menu. Press ENTER.
- Scroll down to the Reset lamptimer option. Press ENTER.
- The lamptimer icon will appear to show you have reset the timer.