When your Boxlight Phoenix S25 projector lamp reaches end of life, use this guide to help you make the change.
When the Boxlight Phoenix S25 projector lamp is reaching its end of life, the Power LED flashing consecutively five times at the same time the Ready LED flashes once. You may also be approaching end of life with the projector lamp when you see the image becoming darker or the color becoming unnatural. Change the projector lamp immediately when any of these symptoms happen.
Get the right projector lamp
Your Boxlight Phoenix S25 projector is a sophisticated machine with high-end optics. An OEM Phoenix S25-930 Projector lamp has been designed to work closely with your projector. It’s been created with highly specialized materials and calibrated to your machine. Generic lamps are tempting to buy since they promise savings. Unfortunately they can’t deliver. When you buy generic lamps are getting something that can damage the optics in your projectors has well as exposing you to carcinogenic toxic substitutes. Generic lamps also have shorter lives and are prone to explosions. Protect your investment and purchase an authentic projector lamp.
Find this lamp on Amazon sold by these authorized dealers:
Replacing the Phoenix S25-930 projector lamp
Before replacing the Phoenix S25-930 follow these safety tips:
- Disconnect the power cord on the Phoenix S25 projector
- Reduce the risk of severe burns by allowing the Phoenix S25 projector to cool for at least one hour. These projectors operate using high temperatures and you run the risk of severe burns if you don’t allow it to cool down.
- Loosen the two top screw holding the lamp cover in place.
- Open the projector cover.
- Remove the two screws holding the Phoenix S25-930 projector lamp in place.
- Using the wire handle on the Phoenix S25-930 projector lamp and gently remove the lamp. Pulling too quickly can cause the bulb to shatter. Learn what to do should the bulb shatter.
- NOTE: Be sure to recycle the projector lamp as contains mercury and should not be thrown into regular garbage. Recycle it!
- Insert the new Phoenix S25-930 and avoid touching the actual bulb as this can result in black spots from the oil on your hands.
- Tighten the two screws on the Phoenix S25-930 projector lamp
- Place the cover back onto the Boxlight Phoenix S25 projector and tighten the lamps screw. You must now reset the lamp timer.
Resetting the Boxlight Phoenix S2 lamp counter
Once the PhoenixS25-930 projector lamp has been replaced, you will need to reset the lamp counter so the Phoenix S25 projector can accurately track the number of lamp hours remaining:
- Turn the projector on.
- Press the MENU button. The ON-SCREEN MENU will appear.
- Press the POINT LEFT/RIGHT buttons to move across the top menu. Select STATUS.
- Press the POINT DOWN button and scroll down to LAMP HOUR. Press ENTER.
- Lamp hours will be set to zeto.
Extend the life of the Phoenix S25-930 projector lamp by always keeping the air filters clean so the projector doesn’t overheat. The Eco modes for the lamp setting uses less power by decreasing lamp brightness and extending lamp life. Read more with Top tips for extending DLP projector lamps.
Interested in a green alternative?
With the Phoenix S25 projector you also have the option of just replacing the actual bulb to re-use the plastic cage. This reduces waste and is a great way to green your projector. Watch our training video to learn more.