Treat your Ask Proxima projector properly and it will last much longer.
Here are some tips to keep your Ask Proxima projector working at optimal levels.
- Make sure you have the right environment for your projector. High humidity, dust or heat can cause your projector to malfunction.
- Adjust your projector in high altitude. Consult your user manual to learn what to adjust.
- Let your Ask Proxima projector warm up for at least five minutes before use.
- Set the lamp mode to econo or normal mode to extend the lamp life.
- Regular cleaning of the air filter, case and lens is recommended. Never use harsh solvent on your Ask Proxima case or on the filter as this can damage the case.
- Don’t clean the filter when the projector is running. Never blow hot or compressed air into the projector.
- Other than opening the lamp cover to replace the lamp, do not open or disassemble the projector. This may cause electric shock.
- Give your projector at least one hour of downtime per day to prevent overheating. Power off using the on/off button or with the remote. Never cut the electricity while the projector is running.
- When connecting the projector to computer, please turn on the projector first.
- Projector should be turned to Standby when it is out of use for a period of time greater than 30 minutes.
- Once you power down your projector, wait at least 10 minutes before you power it back up to avoid damaging the lamp.
- Please be sure to change the lamp when it shows warning messages.
- When changing the lamp, allow your Ask Proxima projector to cool down. These projectors operate at extremely high heat that can cause severe burns.
- After changing a new lamp, please reset the lamp life timer. Consult your manual for more information.