When it’s time to change your lamp on your Sanyo PLV-Z1/PLV-Z1BL projector, you’ll notice the yellow light blinking on the Lamp Indicator found on the top control panel.
You’ll need to buy a Sanyo POA-LMP54 (service parts no 610 302 5933) lamp replacement.
Authentic lamps are crucial
Invest in an authentic Sanyo POA-LMP54 (610 302 5933) lamp replacement and avoid the temptation to buy a cheaper priced lamp. These bargain lamps are usually counterfeit lamps created with inferior parts that can damage your projector.
They may end up costing you more in the long run. Authentic lamps have been manufactured with reliable parts that work with the sensitive mechanismsin your Sanyo PLV-Z1 projector. These authentic lamps come with a guarantee and won’t make your projector’s warranty invalid.
Looking for a less expensive option? Want more information? Watch our step-by-step video on replacing only the Sanyo POA-LMP54 (service parts no 610 302 5933) bulb instead of the entire lamp housing.
STEP-BY-STEP INSTRUCTIONS FOR SANYO POA-LMP54 LAMP REPLACEMENT
1. Turn off the projector and unplug the AC cord. Allow the Sanyo PLV-Z1 projector to cool to the touch. This can between 45 to 60 minutes. Don’t open the projector when hot since these machines operate under high temperatures and you can burn yourself.
2. The lamp cover for the Sanyo PLV-Z1 is located at the bottom of the projector. Gently turning it over, locate the one screw holding the cover in place. Loosen the screw and remove the cover. Locate the screw holding the lamp cover in place found on the side over top of the ventilation holes. Loosen the screw to remove the cover.
3. Inside there are two screws holding the Sanyo POA-LMP54 (610 302 5933) lamp in place. Remove all three screws. Grab the handle on the lamp cage and gently remove the lamp. Place to one side. Your old lamp should be properly recycled. These lamps contain mercury and can’t be placed into common garbage.
4. Take the new Sanyo POA-LMP54 (6103025933) lamp cage by the handle and gently manuever it into place. Avoid touching the glass or the bulb since the oil from your fingers may cause black spots on the bulb when the projector heats up. The lamp should slide in easily – don’t force it.
5. Tighten the two screws on the Lamp Assembly for the Sanyo POA-LMP54 (610 302 5933).
6. Replace and tighten the three screws on either side of Lamp Hazard Cover. Let the projector stand for five minutes so the lamp can stabilize. Re-connect the power cord and turn on the Sanyo PLV-Z1 projector. You’ll need to reset the Lamp Counter.
NOTE: Your old Sanyo POA-LMP54 (service parts no 610 302 5933) lamp should be properly recycled. These lamps contain mercury and can’t be placed into common garbage.
RESETTING THE SANYO PLV-Z1 LAMP CONTROL MODE
Reset the Lamp Control Mode only when Sanyo POA-LMP54 (service parts no 610 302 5933) lamp has been replaced. Do not operate the projectors while any of the lamps are removed as this may result in malfunctions, fire hazard and other accidents.
- Turn the Sanyo PLV-Z1 projector on.
- Press the Menu option to display the On-Screen Menu. Scroll down to the Setting option.
- Select Lamp Control.
- A second screen will appear.
- Press Point left/right button(s) to move to move the red frame pointer to Lamp counter reset.
- Press the Select button.
- Another confirmation dialog box appears, select YES.
- The Lamp box will disappear and the Lamp Replace Dialog box appears.
- Select YES to reset Lamp Replace Counter.
Make your new Sanyo POA-LMP54 lamp last longer
To maintain the life of your newly installed Sanyo POA-LMP54 (610 302 5933), wait at least five minutes before turning the Sanyo PLV-Z1/PLV-Z1BL projector off. Don’t operate the projector continuously without letting it stand for at least one hour turned off every 24 hours. Regular cleaning of the air filter will also prolong lamp life.