Don’t panic! Keep reading these step-by-step instructions on how to change the Dukane ImagePro 8035 projector lamp.
Step 1: Buy the right lamp!
Your Dukane ImagePro 8035 is a sophisticated machine with sensitive optics. The best thing you can do to keep it working at its optimum levels is to use an authentic Dukane ImagePro 8035 projector lamp replacement. Look for the seal of approval to purchase an OEM lamp.
Here are six good reasons to buy an authentic Dukane ImagePro 8035 projector lamp:
- inferior workmanship which translates to an inferior product,
- they don’t last as long.
- improperly calibrated so can seriously damage the optics in your Dukane ImagePro 8035
- present a health hazard due to their toxic materials.
- installing a generic lamp will void the warranty on the Dukane ImagePro 8035
- offer no guarantee, technical or customer service even after the lamp has been purchased.
Find this lamp sold on Amazon by these authorized dealers:
- Lutema 456-208-P01 Dukane 456-208 LCD/DLP Projector Lamp (Philips Inside)
- SpArc Platinum for Dukane 456-208 Projector Replacement Lamp with Housing
Step 2: Know the end of life signs
When the Dukane ImagePro 8035 projector lamp is approaching end of life, a replacement warning will appear on screen: CHANGE THE LAMP, AFTER REPLACING LAMP, RESET THE LAMP TIMER
You may also start to see the following signs:
- A screen that is gradually dimming or deteriorating.
- Colour in the image appears dark or off colour.
- Lamp light is flashing red.
Syep 3: Replace the Optoma Dukane ImagePro 8035 projector lamp
Follow these important safety steps before installing a new Dukane 456-208 projector lamp:
- These lamps contains mercury and should be properly recycled. Don’t throw it into regular garbage.
- Switch off the power to the Dukane ImagePro 8035 projector by pressing the Power/Standby button.
- Disconnect the power cord.
- Allow the projector to cool down for at least 30 minutes. so it is cool to the touch. Trying to change the lamp while the projectors is not cooled down can result in serious burns as these projectors operate using high heat.
Loosen the screws holding the cover in place. Click the cover to remove the cover.
Remove the two screws holding the Dukane 456-208 projector lamp in place. Using the wire handle remove the old lamp. Be careful not to bang the lamp against the projector as this may case the bulb to break.
Learn how to properly clean up a broken lamp.
NOTE: The Dukane 456-208 projector lamp contains mercury and should not be thrown into regular garbage. Recycle this lamp.
Remove the Dukane 456-208 projector lamp from its packaging and using the wire handle, place it into the Dukane ImagePro 8035 projector. Be careful not to touch glass bulb as the oil from your fingers will burn black spots into the bulb and affect the image on screen.
Tighten the two screws on the lamp. Replace the lamp cover and tighten its two screws. Replace the lamp cover and tighten the screw. You must now reset the Lamp Replacement Timer.
Reset the lamp timing on the Dukane ImagePro 8035
In order to track the lamp life, the Dukane ImagePro 8035 projector has an automatic lamp timer that triggers the lamp replacement warning. You need to reset the timer each time the lamp is replaced.
Please carry out the following operation within 10 minutes from power on, if you replaced the lamp after 2,000 hours.
Press the RESET button on the Dukane ImagePro 8035 projector for 3 seconds or remote control TIMER button for 3 seconds and display the total lamp used time.
Press the RESET button on Dukane ImagePro 8035 projector or remote control MENU ON button during displaying the lamp used time.
Select the “0” on the screen using the MENU button or DISK PAD.
Tips for a longer life:
- Turning on the Eco Mode to lower power consumption and extend the lamp life by 130%.
- Keep your air filters clean to avoid overheating the projector.
- Turn off the Dukane ImagePro 8035 and let it stand for at least one hour ever 24 hours.
- Make sure there is enough airflow around the projector particularly if it’s been permanently mounted.
- Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life.