Don’t panic! Keep reading this step-by-step instructions on how to change the Optoma DX605 projector lamp.
Buy the right lamp!
Your Optoma DX605R projector is a sophisticated machine with sensitive optics. The best thing you can do to keep it working at its optimum levels is to use an authentic Optoma DX605R projector lamp.
Look for the seal of approval to purchase an OEM projector lamp. (Keep reading more tips on how to find the best lamp Optoma BL-FU180A projector lamp.
Buy this lamp on Amazon sold by these authorized dealers:
- Optoma BL-FU180A Projector Assembly with High Quality Original Bulb Inside
- Optoma BL-FU180A, UHP, 180W Projector Lamp (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
- Optoma Replacement Lamp (BL-FU180A) –
When to replace
When the Optoma DX605R projector lamp is approaching end of life, you may notice the following warning signs:
- A screen that is gradually dimming or deteriorating.
- Colour in the image appears dark or off colour.
- Lamp light flashing a steady orange.
A replacement warning will also appear on screen:
Replace the Optoma BL-FU180A
Follow these important safety steps before installing a new Optoma BL-FU180A projector lamp:
- These lamps contains mercury and should be properly recycled. Don’t throw it into regular garbage.
- Switch off the power to the Optoma DX605 projector by pressing the Power/Standby button.
- Disconnect the power cord.
- Allow the projector to cool down for at least 30 minutes. so it is cool to the touch. Trying to change the lamp while the projectors is not cooled down can result in serious burns as these projectors operate using high heat.
Step 1: Place something soft underneath the Optoma DX605R before turning the projector onto it’s back. Remove the two screws holding the cover in place.
Step 2: Push the Optoma DX605R cover up to remove it.
Step 3: Remove the two screws holding the Optoma BL-FU180A projector lamp module in place.
Lift up the wire handle and slowly put out the old projector lamp. Be careful not to bang the lamp against the projector as this may case the bulb to break. Learn how to properly clean up a broken lamp.
NOTE: The Optoma BL-FU180A contains mercury and should not be thrown into regular garbage. Recycle this projector lamp.
Step 4: Remove the Optoma BL-FU180A projector lamp from its packaging and using the wire handle, place it into the DX605R projector. Tighten the two screws on the projector lamp. Replace the lamp cover and tighten its two screws.
Reset the lamp timing on the Optoma DX605R
In order to track the lamp life, the Optoma DX605R projector has an automatic lamp timer that triggers the projector lamp replacement warning. You need to reset the timer each time the lamp is replaced.
- Press the Menu option on either the remote or on the projector.
- Scroll over the Lamp Setting. Press Enter.
- Select Reset Lamp Hours. Press Yes
- The lamp hours is reset to zero.
- You can also used this screen to set ECO mode and turn off the lamp reminder message (not recommended to do).
WHY AVOID COPY-CAT PROJECTOR LAMPS?
Here are six good reasons:
- inferior workmanship which translates to an inferior product,
- they don’t last as long.
- improperly calibrated so can seriously damage the optics in your Optoma DX605R
- present a health hazard due to their toxic materials.
- installing a generic lamp will void the warranty on the Optoma DX605R.
- offer no guarantee, technical or customer service even after the lamp has been purchased.
Tips for longer life for the Optoma BL-FU180A projector lamp:
- Turning on the Eco Mode to lower power consumption and extend the lamp life by 130%.
- Keep your air filters clean to avoid overheating the projector.
- Turn off the Optoma DX605R projector and let it stand for at least one hour ever 24 hours.
- Make sure there is enough airflow around the projector particularly if it’s been permanently mounted.
- Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life.