Our installation guide will guide you through replacing the Optoma EP750H projector lamp. It’s as easy as 1-2-3!
Step 1: Buy the right lamp
Your Optoma EP750H uses the Optoma BL-FU200A (SP.83601.001C) lamp. Be sure to buy an authentic Optoma EP750H projector lamp. Watch for telltale signs you are about to purchase a counterfeit lamp:
- lower than normal price. The industry standard is no more then 20% discount
- amateur labelling with many spelling errors
- Glue on the edges and elements out of alignment
- Scratches inside the lamp cage
Six reasons to avoid generics
- Generic lamps have a much shorter life
- These lamps use toxic chemicals as substitutes since they don’t have access to the proper materials
- Copycat lamps are more prone to overheat and explode
- Generic lamps are not properly calibrated to work with the sensitive electronics in projectors and installing can void the guarantee on your Optoma EP750H.
Buy this lamp on Amazon from the following authorized dealers:
Step 2: Know when to replace
When lamp life is approaching 1500 hours, the Optoma EP750H flashes a warning message on screen: “Lamp is running out of standard lifetime. Be sure to replace the lamp as soon as possible.” When you see this message, change the lamp immediately. Avoid the temptation to left the projector run longer as it can result in a complete shut down of the projector.
Other warning signs that the Optoma EP750H projector lamp is reaching end of life include the Lamp LED flashing orange or an image with bad color and deteriorating definition.
Step 3: Installing the Optoma BL-FU200A lamp
Important safety tips:
- Switch off the power to the projector by pressing the Power/Standby button.
- Allow the projector to cool down for at least 30 minutes. If should be cool to the touch. The Optoma EP750H runs at a high temperature and you can burn yourself badly if you don’t allow the projector to cool down.
- Disconnect the power cord.
Your Optoma EP750H projector lamp needs the Optoma BL-FU200A projector lamp
Step 1: Use a screwdriver to loosen the screws holding the lamp cover in place. Make sure you have followed the safety tips before taking the cover off. The Optoma EP750H projector should be cool to the touch.
Step 2: Remove the lamp cover and place to one side. Don’t lose the screws to the cover as the Optoma EP750H projector will not turn back on until the lamp cover has been properly installed.
Step 3: Remove all three screws holding the Optoma BL-FU200A in place.
- NOTE: The Optoma BL-FU200A contains mercury and should not be thrown into regular garbage. Recycle this lamp.
Step 4: Lift the wire handle on the lamp and gently remove it from the projector. Be careful not to hit the lamp or you can cause it to break.
Take the new Optoma BL-FU200A lamp out of its packaging and lift the handle on the lamp. Gently place it into the projector making sure not to touch the actual bulb. Oil from fingerprint marks can burn black spots onto the lamp when it heats up.
- Tighten the screws on the lamp.
- Close the lid. Tighten the cover screws.
- You are now ready to reset the lamp timer.
Reset the Optoma EP750H lamp timer
Your Optoma EP750H comes equipped with an automatic lamp timer that tracks the number of hours left for the Optoma BL-FU200A lamp. Each time you change the lamp you need to reset the lamp timer. Failure to do so may cause the projector to use the lamp over the recommended period of time resulting in the lamp exploding.
- Press the Menu button to open the On-Screen-Data (OSD) menu.
- Press the right/left arrow button to move to the Management menu.
- Press the right/left arrow button button to move down to Lamp Reset.
- Press the right arrow or Enter button to enter Status menu.
- Press the up/down arrow button to move down to Lamp Hour Reset.
- Press the right arrow or Enter button to select Reset option.
- Press the down button, then up button, then left button, then right button.
- The Status menu appears again showing the Lamp Hours reset to zero.