Don’t stress over needing to change your SMART Board UF55 projector lamp. Our guide shows you how.
End of life warnings
The SMART Board UF55 is an integral part of the SMART Board 600i3 Interactive Whiteboard series. When it’s time to replace the projector lamp, you’ll see a warning message appear on screen. It uses the SmartBoard 01-00247 replacement projector lamp.
Go with authentic, avoid counterfeits
When buying on the Internet, make sure you are buying an OEM and look for the seal of approval. Generic lamps have a shorter lamp life than original lamps and are created with toxic materials. When you buy copy-cat lamps you get no guarantee or refunds and they can damage the sensitive electronics in your projectors. Keep your SMART Board UF55 projector working at optimum levels by investing in an authentic projector lamp. Learn how to spot a counterfeit. Learn what to do if the projector lamp has exploded inside the projector.
Find this lamp sold on Amazon by these authorized dealers:
- SpArc Platinum for SmartBoard 01-00247 Projector Replacement Lamp with Housing
- Lutema 01-00247-l02 SmartBoard Replacement DLP/LCD Cinema Projector Lamp
- Smartboard 01-00247 Replacement Projector Lamp bulb with Housing – High Quality Compatible Lamp
Before replacing SMART Board UF55 projector lamp
Follow these important safety tips before replacing the SmartBoard 01-00247 projector lamp:
- Hit the power button on the SMART Board UF55 remote button.
- Disconnect the power cord.
- Allow the SMART Board UF55 to cool down for at least 30 minutes. These projectors run using high temperatures and you can burn yourself badly if you don’t allow the projector to cool down. It should be cool to the touch before proceeding with the installation of the new lamp.
Steps to remove the old projector lamp
- Gently slide the lamp cover off the projector and place it to one side.
- Don’t lose the lid as the SMART Board UF55 projector will not turn back on until the lamp cover has been properly installed.
- Remove the two screws holding the SmartBoard 01-00247 projector lamp in place.
- Note: The used SmartBoard 01-00247 projector lamp contains mercury and should be properly recycled. Don’t throw it into regular garbage.
- Lift up the wire handle on the SmartBoard 01-00247 projector lamp and slowly remove it from the projector. Be careful not to bang the lamp against the projector as this may case the bulb to break. Learn how to clean up a broken lamp.
Steps to install the new projector lamp:
- Remove the new SmartBoard 01-00247 projector lamp from its packaging. Taking care not to touch the actual bulb, lift up the handle on the new lamp and insert it gently into the SMART Board UF55 projector.
- Tighten the two screws on the projector lamp.
- Replace the lamp cover and tighten its two screws.
Tips for extending projector lamp life:
- Chose the “STD” mode to to dim the projector lamp and lower power consumption. This will extend the lamp life by up to 130%.
- Keep your air filters clean to avoid overheating the projector.
- Every 24 hours, turn off the projector and let it stand for 1 hour
- Make sure there is enough airflow around the SMART Board UF55 particularly if it’s been permanently mounted.
- Learn more with Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life.