The projector will detect the lamp life and when the Optoma H57 projector lamp approaches 1500 hours a warning message will flash on screen: will flash a warning message onscreen: “Lamp life exceed. If the lamp burns out the LED lamp will start red and the projector will shut down until the projector lamp is replaced.
Step 2: Buying the correct projector lamp
In order for your Optoma H57 to work properly you need to install an Optoma BL-FU250A created by an OEM manufacturer. Avoid any generic lamps for the following reasons:
- generic lamps have a much shorter life so are actually more expensive in the long run
- Krypton-85 and other toxic chemicals are used to create counterfeit lamps
- compatible lamps are more prone to overheat and explode
- copycat manufacturers don’t know how to properly calibrate their lamps to work with the sensitive electronics in projectors
- copycat manufacturers offer no guarantee or refunds
- the warranty on your Optoma H57 projector will become void.
Find this lamp sold on Amazon by these authorized dealers:
Step 3: Installing the Optoma BL-FU250A lamp
Follow these important safety tips before changing the projector lamp:
- Switch off the power to the projector by pressing the Power/Standby button.
- Allow the projector to cool down for at least 30 minutes. It should be cool to the touch. These projectors run using high temperatures and you can burn yourself badly if you don’t allow the projector to cool down.
- Disconnect the power cord.
Remove the projector lamp cover
Use a screwdriver to loosen the screws holding theprojector lamp cover in place. Make sure you have followed the safety tips before taking the cover off. The Optoma H56 projector should be cool to the touch. Don’t lose the screws to the cover as the Optoma H57 projector will not turn back on until the lamp cover has been properly installed.
Remove the projector lamp
Remove the three screws holding the Optoma BL-FU250A in place.
- NOTE: The Optoma BL-FU250A lamp contains mercury and should not be thrown into regular garbage. Recycle your used lamps!
- Lift the wire handle on the Optoma BL-FU250A projector lamp and gently remove it from the projector. Be careful not to hit the lamp or you can cause it to break.
- Take the new Optoma BL-FU250A replacement projector lamp out of its packaging and lift the handle on the lamp. Gently place it into the projector making sure not to touch the actual bulb. Oil from fingerprint marks can burn black spots onto the lamp when it heats up.
- Tighten the screws on the lamp.
- Close the lid. Tighten the cover screws.
Reset the Optoma H57 projector lamp timer
Your Optoma H57 comes equipped with an automatic lamp timer that tracks the number of hours left for the Optoma BL-FU250A projector lamp. Each time you change the lamp you need to reset the lamp timer. Failure to do so may cause the projector to use the lamp over the recommended period of time resulting in the lamp exploding.
- Press the Menu button to open the On-Screen-Data (OSD) menu.
- Press the right/left arrow button to move to the Management menu.
- Press the right/left arrow button button to move down to Lamp setting.
- Press the right arrow or Enter button to select Ok and reset the time.
- To exit Menu button.
Top Tips for extending your Optoma HP57 projector lamp.