Follow this quick-guide to replace the ASK Proxima DP-9200 projector lamp
When your ASK Proxima DP-9200 projector lamp is nearing its end of life you’ll see the Lamp Replace Indicator flash orange. Replace the ASK Proxima DP-9200 projector lamp imediately.
Step 1: Buying the right lamp
Buy your ASK Proxima POA-LMP14 from an authorized manufacturer and avoid the lower-prices knock-off lamps. These counterfeit lamps are usually made with counterfeit parts that can damage sensitive mechanisms in your ASK Proxima DP-9200. Even more disturbing is the use of toxic substances including carcinogenic substance Krypton-85 in these “compatible” lamps making them a health hazard. This can end up costing you more money in the long run. Buying from a legitimate source keeps your projector under warranty and gives you a solid guarantee.
Buy this lamp on Amazon from the following authorized dealers:
- SpArc Bronze for Ask Proxima POA-LMP14 Projector Replacement Lamp with Housing
- Lutema POA-LMP14-L02-3 Ask Proxima LCD/DLP Projector Lamp (Premium)
- Original Philips TV Lamp Replacement with Housing for Ask Proxima POA-LMP14
Step 2: Replacing the ASK Proxima DP-9200 Projector Lamp
1. Before installing the new ASK Proxima POA-LMP14 lamp turn off the projector and unplug the AC cord. Allow the ASK Proxima DP-9200 projector to cool to the touch. This can take between 45 to 60 minutes. Don’t open the projector when its still hot since these machines operate under high temperatures and you can burn yourself.
2. The lamp cover for the ASK Proxima DP-9200 is located at the bottom of the projector. Gently turn over the projector onto its side and loosen the screw holding the cover in place. Place the cover to one side.
3. Loosen both screws holding the ASK Proxima POA-LMP14 lamp cage in place. Grab the lamp handle and gently lift the lamp out of its socket. Place to one side. Be sure to dispose of the lamp properly through a local recycling program.
4. Take the new ASK Proxima POA-LMP14 lamp cage by the handle—avoid touching the actual bulb a this can break or damage the lamp. Without forcing the lamp, place it into the slot.
5. Once the lamp is in, tighten both screws on the ASK Proxima POA-LMP14 Lamp Assembly. Make sure the screws have been tightened properly or the ASK Proxima DP-9200 projector will not turn on.
6. Replace the Lamp Cover and tighten the screw. Re-connect the power cord and turn on the ASK Proxima DP-9200 projector. If theASK Proxima POA-LMP14 lamp does not turn on after the warm-up period, try re-installing the lamp. Reset the Lamp Replacement Timer by following the instructions below.
NOTE: Be sure to properly recycle your used ASK Proxima POA-LMP14 lamps. Since they contain mercury they can’t be placed into regular garbage.
Step 3: Resetting Lamp Replacement Monitor Timer
In order for the projector to properly track the lamp life of your ASK Proxima POA-LMP14 you’ll need to reset the Lamp Replacement Monitor Timer on the ASK Proxima DP-9200 projector. Failure to do so can result in the Replace Lamp Indicator not tracking the lamp life properly.
- Turn the ASK Proxima DP-9200 projector on.
- Press the POINT LEFT/RIGHT button to move to SETTING option.
- Press SELECT to display the SETTING menu.
- Using the POINT UP/DOWN button move through the list to the LAMP AGE option. Press SELECT.
- The message “Lamp replace monitor Reset?” will be displayed.” Cursor down and highlight YES. Press SELECT.
- The second messge “OK?” appears. Click on YES. Press SELECT.
- Move the arrow to QUIT and leave the menu area.
RESET the Lamp Replacement Monitor Timer ONLY WHEN the lamp has been REPLACED.
Looking for a green alternative? Try replacing only the bulb and re-using the same plastic cage. Watch this Ask Proxima replacement guide to find out more.
Get the ASK Proxima POA-LMP14 to last longer with these tips:
- Keep your air filters clean to avoid overheating the projector.
- Turn off the ASK Proxima DP-9200 and let it stand for at least one hour ever 24 hours.
- Make sure there is enough airflow around the projector particularly if it’s been permanently mounted.
- Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life