Follow this guide to replace the Optoma EP716 projector lamp
Has your projector image started to fade? Are you seeing blinking lights and warning messages? Use our step-by-step guide to install a new Optoma EP716 projector lamp.
Start off right with the right Optoma EP716 projector lamp. Before you replace the Optoma EP716 projector lamp make sure you have bought an authentic lamp. Only these OEM lamps can keep your Optoma EP716 projector working at optimal best. Look for the seal of approval to be sure you’re getting an authentic lamp.
Why avoid generic lamps?
Generic appear to be a great deal with their great price tag. But they are actually going to cost you more in the long run. These generics are created with toxic materials and often don’t have the proper safeguards to protect your eyesight. They are also prone to explosions, don’t last as long as authentic and can damage the sensitive optics in your Optoma EP716 projector. Learn the 7 Ways to Spot a Counterfeit Lamp.
Buy this lamp on Amazon sold by these authorized dealers:
- Optoma BL-FU180A Projector Assembly with High Quality Original Bulb Inside
- Optoma BL-FU180A, UHP, 180W Projector Lamp (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
- Optoma Replacement Lamp (BL-FU180A) –
Step-by-step instructions for replacing the Optoma BL-FU180A
Follow these important safety steps before installing a new Optoma BL-FU180A:
- The used lamp contains mercury and should be properly recycled. Don’t throw it into regular garbage.
- Switch off the power to the Optoma EP716 projector by pressing the Power/Standby button.
- Disconnect the power cord.
- Allow the projector to cool down for at least 30 minutes. If should be cool to the touch. These projectors run using high temperatures and you can burn yourself badly if you don’t allow the projector to cool down.
Step 1: Place something soft underneath the Optoma EP716 and then turn the projector onto it’s back. Remove the two screws holding the cover in place.
Step 2: Push the cover up to remove it.
Step 3: Use a screwdriver to remove the two screws holding the Optoma BL-FU180A lamp module in place.
Slowly put out the old lamp by grabbing the edge of the lamp. Be careful not to bang the lamp against the projector as this may case the bulb to break. Learn what to do if the lamp has exploded inside the projector.
Step 4: Place the new Optoma BL-FU180A into the Optoma EP716 projector. Tighten the two screws on the lamp. Replace the lamp cover and tighten its two screws.
NOTE: The Optoma BL-FU180A lamp contains mercury and must be properly recycled.
You must now reset the Lamp Replacement Timer.
Reset the lamp timing on the Optoma EP716
- Press the Menu option on either the remote or on the projector.
- Scroll over the Lamp Setting. Press enter.
- Select Reset Lamp Hours. Press Enter
- The Execute/Cancel command line will appear.
- Scroll over to choose Execute. Press Enter. The lamp hours is reset to zero.
Make the Optoma BL-FU180A last longer with these tips:
- Turning on the Eco Mode to lower power consumption and extend the lamp life by 130%.
- Keep your air filters clean to avoid overheating the projector.
- Turn off the Optoma EP716 projector and let it stand for at least one hour ever 24 hours.
- Make sure there is enough airflow around the projector particularly if it’s been permanently mounted.
- Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life