STEP-BY-STEP INSTRUCTIONS FOR PLC-XW200/ PLC-XW250 LAMP REPLACEMENT
When your Sanyo POA-LMP132 (service parts no 610 345 2456) projector lamp is nearing its end of life you’ll see the Lamp Replace Indicator on the projector flash yellow and the Replace Lamp icon appear on the projector screen.
The lifespan of your Sanyo POA-LMP132 (service parts no 610 345 2456) lamp will vary depending on how much the projector is used and if the filters are cleaned regularly.
Buy your Sanyo POA-LMP132 (service parts no 610 345 2456) from an authorized manufacturer and avoid the lower-priced knock-off lamps. These counterfeit lamps are usually made with inferior parts that can damage your projector; they may end up costing you more if they damage the sensitive mechanisms in your Sanyo PLC-XW200/ PLC-XW250 projector. Buying from a legitimate source keeps your projector under warranty and gives you a solid guarantee.
For additional savings, you can replace only the POA-LMP132 bulb and keep the original lamp cage. Watch our video guide and learn how.
Replacing the Sanyo POA-LMP132 Lamp Assembly
NOTE: These instructions can also be applied to the Sanyo PLC-XW200K/ PLC-XW250K projectors.
1. Turn off the projector and unplug the AC cord. Allow the Sanyo PLC-XW200/ PLC-XW250 projector to cool for 45 to 60 minutes. Opening the projector while still hot is dangerous due to the high temperatire. You can burn yourself badly.
2. Remove the lamp cover for the Sanyo PLC-XW200/ PLC-XW250—it’s located at the top of the projector towards the back. Locate the screw holding the lamp cover in place found on the side over top of the ventilation holes. Loosen the screw to remove the cover.
3. Inside you’ll find the Sanyo POA-LMP132 (service parts no 610 345 2456) lamp cage. Loosen all three screws holding the lamp cage in place. Grab the handles on the lamp cage and gently lift the lamp out of its socket. Place to one side. Be sure to dispose of the lamp properly through a local recycling program.
4. Take the new Sanyo POA-LMP132 (service parts no 610 345 2456) lamp cage by the handle—avoid touching the lamp surface as oil from your fingers can cause black spots to appear when the projector is turned on. Gently maneuver the lamp into place. Don’t force the lamp as this may damage it.
5. Once the lamp is in, tighten all three screws on the Sanyo POA-LMP132 (service parts no 610 345 2456) Lamp Assembly. Make sure the screws have been tightened properly or the Sanyo PLC-XW200/ PLC-XW250 projector will not turn on.
6. Replace the Lamp Cover and tighten the screw. Re-connect the power cord and turn on the Sanyo PLC-XW200/ PLC-XW250 projector. If the Sanyo POA-LMP132 (service parts no 610 345 2456) lamp does not turn on after the warm-up period, try re-installing the lamp.
Reset the lamp hour using the Lamp Control mode found on the Setting menu.
NOTE: Your old Sanyo POA-LMP132 (service parts no 610 345 2456) lamp should be properly recycled. These lamps contain mercury and can’t be placed into common garbage.
RESETTING THE SANYO PLC-XW200/ PLC-XW250 LAMP CONTROL MODE
- Turn the Sanyo PLC-XW200/ PLC-XW250 projector on.
- Press the Menu option to display the On-Screen Menu.
- Press Point left/right button(s) to move a red frame poster to Setting Menu icon.
- Press the black arrow point button to move the red framed pointer to the Setting Menu Icon.
- Press Point Down button to move the red frame pointer to Lamp counter reset.
- Press the Select button.
- Another confirmation dialog box appears, select YES.
- The Lamp box will disappear and the Lamp Replace Dialog box appears.
- Select YES to reset Lamp Replace Counter.
- There are two modes for Lamp life control. Mode 1 lets the lamp be turned on even after exceeding the recommended total hours of use. Mode 2 lets the lamp be turned on even after exceeding the recommended total hours BUT the projector turns off automatically after 3 minutes.
- The Sanyo PLC-XW200/ PLC-XW250 has a Lamp control that allows you to change the brightness of the screen and extend the life of your lamp. High Mode: Brighter than the Normal mode. It will shorten the lamp life using this mode. Normal Mode: Normal brightness. Eco Mode: Lowers the brightness and reduces the lamp power consumption thereby extending the lamp life.
NOTE: When you reset the Lamp Replace Counter the Lamp Replace indicator stops lighting.
Prolong the life of your new Sanyo POA-LMP132 (610 345 2456) lamp
To maintain the life of your newly installed Sanyo POA-LMP132 (service parts no 610 345 2456), wait at least five minutes before turning the Sanyo PLC-XW200/ PLC-XW250 projector off. Don’t operate the projector continuously without letting it stand for at least one hour turned off every 24 hours. Regular cleaning of the air filter will also prolong lamp life.