Follow our guide to install a ASK Proxima A1300 projector lamp
Follow our 3-step guide to a new ASK Proxima A1300 projector lamp. Watch for the warning signs.
There are two indicators for when the ASK Proxima SP-LAMP-039 is approaching end of life.
At 20 hours of lamp life remaining there will be a warning message appear on screen when the ASK Proxima A1300 is turned on.
The lamp replacement icon will also light up when its time for a new ASK Proxima SP-LAMP-039 lamp.
Buy this lamp on Amazon from the following authorized dealers:
- AuraBeam Professional Replacement Projector Lamp for Ask Proxima SP-LAMP-039 with Housing (Powered by Philips)
- Aurabeam Replacement Lamp for Ask Proxima SP-LAMP-039 Projector with Housing
- Lutema SP-LAMP-039-P01-2 Ask Proxima SP-LAMP-039 LCD/DLP Projector Lamp (Philips Inside)
- SpArc Platinum for Ask Proxima SP-LAMP-039 Projector Replacement Lamp with Housing
Step 1: Buying the correct lamp
Resist the temptation to buy a cheaper counterfeit model as this can damage the sensitive mechanisms in your ASK Proxima A1300 projector. When you purchase an authentic projector lamp, you’re guaranteed a lamp that has been manufactured with high quality parts.
These lower prices counterfeit lamps are made with inferior parts that can damage your projector. They may end up costing you more if they damage the sensitive mechanisms in your ASK Proxima A1300 projector.
Counterfeit knock-off lamps are prone to explosions. Generic lamps can also release carcinogenic materials such as Krypton 95 that are used as substitutes by copy-cat manufactuers. Buy from a legitimate source to keep your projector under warranty and protect your health.
Step 2: Installing the lamp
- Turn off the ASK Proxima A1300 projector and unplug the power cord. It’s important to let the projector fully cool before changing the lamp to avoid getting burned.
- Remove the ASK Proxima SP-LAMP-039 lamp door by removing the side of the lamp door.
- Slide the door forward and lift the door off.
- Loosen the two screws holding the ASK Proxima SP-LAMP-039 lamp housing in place.
- Grab the ASK Proxima SP-LAMP-039 lamp handle and carefully lift the lamp cage up.
- Install the new ASK Proxima SP-LAMP-039 lamp housing and tighten the screws.
- Slide the lamp door back in place. Tighten the screw on the side.
- Plug the power cord in and press the POWER button to turn the projector back on.
You are ready to reset the lamp hours.
The ASK Proxima SP-LAMP-039 contains mercury and should not be thrown into regular garbage. Recycle your used lamps!
Step 3: Resetting the lamp hours timer
After replacing the ASK Proxima SP-LAMP-039 lamp be sure to reset the lamp hours:
- Open the MAIN menu. Press SELECT
- Scroll down to the STATUS and SERVICE menu.
- Select the RESET LAMP HOURS.
- Lamp hours will be reset to zero.
Looking for a green alternative? Try replacing only the bulb and re-using the same plastic cage. Watch this Ask Proxima replacement guide to find out more.
Get the ASK Proxima SP-LAMP-039 to last longer with these tips:
- Keep your air filters clean to avoid overheating the projector.
- Turn off the ASK Proxima A1300 and let it stand for at least one hour ever 24 hours.
- Make sure there is enough airflow around the projector particularly if it’s been permanently mounted.
- Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life