Invest in an authentic 3M MP8725 projector lamp and avoid counterfeit lamps. These lamps are NOT authentic lamps and should be avoided for the following reasons:
- shorter lamp life than original lamps
- toxic materials and carcinogenic parts including Krypton-85
- prone to explosions
- no safeguards to protect your eyes
- incompatibility causing damage to the sensitive electronics in your projectors
- no guarantee or refunds when you buy from a reseller
Invest in an authentic and save yourself unnecessary headaches. Buy an authentic 3M 78-6969-8778-9 EP2050 projector lamp from a recognized dealer. Look for the seal of approval before buying your OEM lamp.
Buy this lamp on Amazon sold by these authorized dealers:
- 3M 78-6969-8919-9 LCD Projector Assembly with High Quality Original Bulb
- 3M MP8770 Replacement Projector Lamp EP1635 / 78-6969-8919-9
End of life warning signs
When it’s time for a replacement lamp on your 3M MP8725 projector the you’ll see the change the lamp message on screen. The lamp indicator on the 3M MP8725 projector also lights red.
When the lamp life on the 3M MP8725 projector reaches more than 1,700 hours, you’ll see the on screen message: “CHANGE THE LAMP, AFTER REPLACING LAMP RESET THE LAMP TIMER.” When the hours are more than 1,979 the following message will appear “POWER WILL TURN OFF AFTER 20 more hours.” A count down to zero will begin and when the number of hours reaches ZERO the projector will shut down. Replace the projector lam immediately.
Replacing the projector lamp
Before replacing the 3M 78-6969-8778-9 projector lamp, follow these safety steps
- Wait until the projector is cool to the touch before removing the lamp. These projector work at a high temperatures and you can get badly burned.
- Be sure to unplug the projector before replacing the lamp.
- The lamp access door is located on the bottom of the machine. Turn over the projector onto a soft surface. Unscrew the screw holding the screw in place. Remove the cover. Place it to one side.
- Unscrew the two projector lamp screw.
- Grasp the lamp module with one hand and the projector body with the other hand. Carefully slide the lamp module out. Being careful not to bang the lamp so it doesn’t break. Take care not to bang the actual lamp or it may break. Learn how to do a proper clean up if the lamp breaks or explodes.
- Insert the new 3M 78-6969-8778-9 projector lamp. Tighten the two screws on the new projector lamp. Take care not to touch the bare lamp as oil from your finger can burn black spots onto the lamp. These black spots will also appear on screen. Reset the lamp timer.
Reset the lamp timer
After changing the 3M 78-6969-8778-9 projector lamp you need to reset the lamp timer so the 3M MP8725 projector will turn back on. To reset:
- Press the Reset button on the projector or Menu On button on the remote
- When the total lamp hours are displayed, use the arrow button on the projector or the disc pad to select 0 (or CANCEL).
Extend the projector lamp life
- Keep your air filters clean to avoid overheating the projector.
- Turn off the 3M MP8725 projector projector projector and let it stand for at least one hour ever 24 hours. An average use of four to five hours per day will ensure longer lamp life.
- Make sure there is enough airflow around the projector particularly if it’s been permanently mounted.
- Learn more with Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life