Follow our quick guide for easy replacement of the Mitsubishi 915B455011/ 915B455A11 lamp for the Mitsubishi WD-73642 RPTV.
Watch for the telltale signs of a dimmer picture on screen or colours that appear off. When the lamp is no longer working the Status Light on the front of the Mitsubishi WD-73642 panel will begin blinking red.
Replace the Mitsubishi 915B455011 / 915B455A11 lamp immediately.
The importance of authentic
When it’s time to change your Mitsubishi 915B455011/ 915B455A11 lamp, it’s important to buy only a genuine lamp to replace the old lamp. The price of counterfeit knock-off lamps may be tempting but can cost you more money in the long run. Counterfeit lamps are not manufactured according to Epson’s specifications and can damage the sensitive (and expensive) mechanisms in your Mitsubishi WD-73642 projector.
Buy a Mitsubishi 915B455011/ 915B455A11 lamp from a recognized dealer to get a far superior product with a replacement guarantee and tech support. Learn the 7 Ways to spot a counterfeit lamp.
6 reasons to avoid generics
- generics have a shorter lamp life than original lamps
- compatible are created with toxic materials and carcinogenic parts including Krypton-85
- knock off lamps are prone to explosions
- generic lamps damage the sensitive electronics in your projectors
- when you buy copy-cat lamps you get no guarantee or refunds
- installing a generic lamp voids your projector’s warranty.
Learn the 7 Ways to spot a counterfeit lamp.
Installing the new Mitsubishi 915B455011 / 915B455A11
- After TV has cooled, turn the TV around to access the lamp cover located at the back of the Mitsubishi WD-73642 RPTV.
- Using a #2 Philips screwdriver, loosen the screw holding the cover in place. Put the cover to one side.
- Loosen the screw securing the lamp cartridge, releasing it from the mating threads. This is a captive screw so it will not be separated the lamp cartridge.)
- When the screw is loosened, gently grasp the handle on the lamp cartridge and pull the lamp straight out. DO NOT TILT, as there may be glass fragments that will fall inside the TV.
- If this happens, carefully pick up the larger shards wearing rubber gloves. Take a cloth just damp enough to pick up the small shreds. It’s important to pick up the broken lamps since this lamps does have mercury. Read more about proper clean-up from the EPA.
- Learn what to do should the bulb shatter.
- Take out the bag supplied with your new lamp and open it up. You’ll store the old lamp in this bag.
- Put the old lamp gently into the opened bag. Close the bag.
- Gently slide in the new Mitsubishi 915B455011 / 915B455A11 Lamp into the slot, making sure not to tile the lamp.
- Tighten the screw in the lamp.
- Replace the cover and tighten the screws.
NOTE: The Mitsubishi 915B455011 / 915B455A11 Lamp contains mercury and should not be thrown into regular garbage. Recycle your used lamps! If you bought from an authentic manufacturer, they will recycle the lamp for you at no extra cost (another reason to buy authentic lamps).
Learn how to extend the Mitsubishi 915B455011 / 915B455A11 Lamp by reading 7 Tips for extending RPTV lamp life.