This easy to follow guide shows how to install a new InFocus IN124ST projector lamp
End of life warnings
When the InFocus IN124ST projector lamp is reaching end of life you’ll see the following warning signs:
- On screen message: The lamp has reached the end of its usable life. Please replace the lamp.
- LAMP indicator blinking red.
- Screen colours looks off
- Picture is faint or has deteriorated
Invest in authentic lamps
The best type of projector lamp for your InFocus IN124ST is one from a North American OEM. Despite their bargain prices, counterfeits often end up damaging the sensitive electronics in your projector since they are prone to explosions. The substandard toxic materials used give these counterfeit projector lamps a much shorter life as well. The other concerns are the lack of proper safety guards for your eyesight. Save yourself the hassles and buy authentic!
Find this lamp sold on Amazon by these authorized dealers:
- InFocus SP-LAMP-083 Genuine Replacement Projector Lamp
- eWorldlamp INFOCUS SP-LAMP-083 high quality Projector Lamp Bulb with housing Replacement for INFOCUS IN122ST IN124ST IN126ST
- Infocus IN124ST Projector Housing with Genuine Original OEM Bulb
Changing the projector lamp
Your InFocus IN124ST projector uses the InFocus SP-LAMP-083 projector lamp. Be sure to invest in an authentic lamp.
Follow these important safety instructions before installing the new InFocus IN124ST projector lamp
- turn off the InFocus IN124ST projector.
- unplug the projector from its power source.
- unplug the power cable.
- wait until the projector is cool to the touch to avoid getting burned.
Remove the lamp door, located on top of the projector, by removing the screw on the left side of the lamp door, sliding the door to the left and lifting the lamp door off.
Loosen the captive screws that attach the InFocus SP-LAMP-083 lamp housing to the projector. NOTE: If the projector is installed on a ceiling mount, be careful not to drop the lamp module once the captive screws are loosened. Carefully lift the lamp straight up, off of the alignment pins; being careful not to pinch the lamp connector.
NOTE: Your InFocus SP-LAMP-083 projector lamp should be properly recycled because it contains mercury.
Install the new lamp:
- Place into the lamp housing
- Aligning the pins properly. Be careful not to pinch the lamp connector.
- Tighten the screws. (NOTE: If the pins have not been aligned properly, the screws will not tighten securely.)
- Replace the lamp door locking it back into place.
- Replace the lamp door screw and tighten securely.
You can now reset the lamp timer.
Reset the lamp timer
When you change the InFocus IN124ST projector lamp pyou will need to reset the timer in order for the lamp life to be accurately tracked.
- Plug in the power cord into the wall outlet.
- From the MAIN MENU select ADVANCED MENU
- Scroll to Status/Service menu
- Select Reset Lamp Hours.
- A confirmation message appears.
- Select YES.
Learn more tips to extend the life of the InFocus SP-LAMP-083 projector lamp.