End of life warning signs
When it’s time to replace the InFocus IN122 projector lamp you may see the projector image get darker or start to deteriorate. The warning message REPLACE LAMP appears on screen when there are 20 hours of lamp life left.
Invest in authentic
Your InFocus IN122 projector is equipped with sophisticated optics that need the right projector lamp. That means resisting the lure of cheaper counterfeit models. Lower priced counterfeit lamps are made with inferior parts that can give you a lower quality light and poor image. They may end up costing you more. Buy from a legitimate source to keep your projector under warranty and protect your health. Look for the seal of approval before buying.
Buy this lamp on Amazon sold by these authorized dealers:
- eWorldlamp INFOCUS SP-LAMP-070 high quality Original Projector Lamp Bulb with housing
- Replacement for INFOCUS IN122 IN124 IN125 IN126 IN2124 IN2126
- InFocus Genuine Replacement Projector Lamp for IN112, IN114, IN116 and IN114ST
Install the replacement projector lamp
Your InFocus IN122 projector uses the InFocus SP-LAMP-070. Follow these important safety steps BEFORE installing the replacement projecotr lamp:
- Turn off the InFocus IN122 projector and unplug the power cord.
- To avoid getting burned, let the projector fully cool before changing the lamp.
- Do not operate the projector while the lamp is being removed as this may result in malfunctions, fire hazard and other accidents.
- Caution: Don’t touch the actual bulb with your fingers since the oil from your skin can cause a black spot on the bulb.
- 2. Loosen the captive screws attaching the projector lamp to the projector. Be careful not to drop the lamp module if the projector has been mounted on the ceiling.
3. Gently lift the old InFocus SP-LAMP-070 projector lamp straight up, off the alignment pins. Take care not to pinch the lamp connector.
NOTE: The InFocus SP-LAMP-070 projector lamp contains mercury and other heavy metals. Please recycle this lamp properly and never dispose in regular garbage.
4. Install the new InFocus SP-LAMP-070 projector lamp by aligning it with the projector pins and gently lowering into the projector. Be careful not to pinch the lamp connector.
5. Tighten the two projector lamp screws. If the projector pins are not aligned properly, the screws will not tighten properly. This may cause the projector not to turn back on. Take the InFocus SP-LAMP-070 projector lamp lack out and re-insert, lining up the projector pins.
6. Replace the lamp door by aligning the hinges and locking the lamp door in place by pressing down. Replace the lamp door screw and tighten securely. You may now reset the lamp timer.
Reset the projector lamp timer
After replacing the InFocus SP-LAMP-070 projector lamp be sure to reset the lamp timer on the InFocus IN122 projector. Failure to do so will mean your InFocus IN122 will NOT TURN ON.
- Open the MAIN menu. Press SELECT
- Scroll down to the ADVANCED menu.
- Scroll down to RESET LAMP HOURS.
- Lamp hours will be reset to zero.
Tips for longer lamp life
- Keep your air filters clean to avoid overheating the projector.
- Turn off the InFocus IN122 and let it stand for at least one hour ever 24 hours.
- Make sure there is enough airflow around the projector particularly if it’s been permanently mounted.
- Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life