The Epson PowerLite 1705 projector lamp will last up to 2000 hours when the Brightness Control is set to High. A low Brightness Control will give you the full 3000 hours.
End of life warning signs
When you notice any of the following sign replace the Epson ELPLP38 immediately:
- A image that is gradually dimming or deteriorating.
- Colour that appears darker than normal or off colour.
- “Replace the lamp” warning flashing on the Epson PowerLite 1705 screen.
- Lamp light flashing a steady orange.
Don’t wait to replace the Epson ELPLP38 lamp!
Go with authentic lamps
It can be tempting to simply buy the first Epson ELPLP38 you come across, especially if it has a bargain prices. The chances are those lamps with the low prices are counterfeit generic lamps. These lamps are inferior products that can’t offer the same quality, consistency and reliability as authentic lamps. Generic lamps have six main problems:
- inferior workmanship which translates to an inferior product
- they can’t last the full 3000 hours
- can’t be calibrated properly so can seriously damage the optics in your Epson PowerLite 1705.
- present a health hazard due to their toxic materials.
- installing a generic lamp will void the warranty on the Epson PowerLite 1705.
- offer no guarantee, technical or customer service even after the lamp has been purchased.
Buy this lamp on Amazon from the following authorized dealers:
- EPSON ELPLP38 replacement lamp for powerlite 1700c 1705c 1710c 1715c – NEW – Retail – V13H010L38
- EPSON EMP-1705 Replacement Projector Lamp ELPLP38 / V13H010L38
Replacing the Epson ELPLP38 lamp
Before installation follow these important safety tips:
- Turn the Epson PowerLite 1705 off.
- After the machine has beeped twice, unplug the power cord.
- Wait until the Epson PowerLite 1705 is cool to the touch before attempting to change the Epson ELPLP38.
- DO NOT attempt to change the if the projector is still hot. You get badly burned if you don’t wait for the projector to cool.
IMPORTANT: Do not operate the projector when the lamp is removed as this may result in malfunctions, fire hazard and other accidents.
- Loosen the screw on the Epson PowerLite 1705 projector cover using the screwdriver provided.
- Slide the lamp cover to the side and lift it off the Epson PowerLite 1705 projector.
Loosen the two screws holding the Epson ELPLP38 lamp in place. These screws don’t come out all the way.
- Grab the two tabs on either side of the the Epson ELPLP38 lamp and slowly pull out the lamp out of the Epson PowerLite 1705 projector.
- Don’t use excessive force or the lamp could break.
- What to do if a lamp breaks inside the projector.
- NOTE: The Epson ELPLP38 should not be thrown into the regular garbage and needs to be properly recycled.
- Gently insert the new Epson ELPLP38 lamp into the Epson PowerLite 1705 projector.
- Avoid touching the actual lamp since your fingerprints will cause black out spots to appear when the projector starts working.
- Push down the corner marked PUSH until the lamp snaps in.
- Once the Epson ELPLP38 lamp is fully inserted, tighten the screws.
- Slide out the air filters found at the bottom of the projector. Remove the current filter.
- Slide in the new air filter until it clicks into place.
Resetting the Epson PowerLite 1705 Lamp Timer
It’s important to reset the PowerLite 1705 has a lamp timer each time a new lamp is installed so the projector can accurately track the Epson ELPLP38 lamp. Never use the Epson ELPLP38 lamp beyond its recommended usage as this can damage the Epson 1705 projector beyond repair.
- Press MENU.
- Scroll down to RESET. Press ENTER.
- Scroll down RESET LAMP HOURS. Press ENTER.
- A second prompt screen will appear. Select YES at the prompt screen. Press ENTER.
- Press ESC or MENU to exit.
Extending the life of your Epson ELPLP38 lamp
Follow this simple tips to make your Epson ELPLP38 lamp last even longer:
- Keep your air filters clean to avoid overheating the projector.
- Turn off the Epson PowerLite 1705 projector and let it stand for at least one hour ever 24 hours.
- An average use of four to five hours per day will ensure longer lamp life.
- Make sure there is enough airflow around the projector particularly if it’s been permanently mounted.
- Set the Brightness Mode to low.
- Learn more with Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life