Follow our 3-step guide to replace the BenQ 5J.J0A05.001 projector lamp in your BenQ MP575 projector.
Step 1: Buy authentic
At first glance generic compatible lamps seem like an incredible bargain. But these so called generic lamps are prone to explosion and have been created using toxic substances such as Krypton-85. Using a counterfeit generic lamp will also void any warranty for your BenQ MP575 projector. Learn how to spot a counterfeit lamp and their associated problems:
- shorter lamp life than original lamps
- toxic materials and carcinogenic parts including Krypton-85
- prone to explosions
- incompatibility causing damage to the sensitive electronics in your projectors
- no guarantee or refunds – you’re on your own to get a refund from the company when you buy from a reseller.
Step 2: Know when the replace the BenQ 5J.J0A05.001 lamp
You can expect up to 3000 hours with BenQ 5J.J0A05.001 projector lamp as long as you buy authentic. When the lamp is coming to its end of life, the Lamp Indicator on your BenQ MP575 projector will light and warning messages will appear on your screen.
First Warning: The BenQ 5J.J0A05.001 lamp has been in operation equivalent to 2500 hours. Install a new BenQ 5J.J0A05.001 lamp for optimal performance. If you are using Econo Mode the lamp life will be extended to 2950.
Second Warning: The BenQ 5J.J0A05.001 lamp has been in operation equivalent to 2950 hours. A new BenQ 5J.J0A05.001 lamp should be installed.
Third Warning: The BenQ 5J.J0A05.001 lamp has been in operation equivalent to 3000 hours. You may notice the brightness of the lamp diminishing significantly. It should be replaced immediately.
Final Warning: The BenQ 5J.J0A05.001 lamp has reached end of life and the BenQ MP575 projector will not turn on until it’s been replaced. Replace the BenQ 5J.J0A05.001 lamps immediately.
Replacing the BenQ 5J.J0A05.001 lamp
Before changing the lamp:
- Reduce the risk of electrical shock by disconnecting the power cord on the BenQ MP575 projector.
- Reduce the risk of severe burns by allowing the projector to cool for at least 45 minutes.
To replace the BenQ 5J.J0A05.001 lamp:
1. Protect the BenQ MP575 projector’s top surface by placing it face down on a soft surface. Turn the projector over and loosen the screws on the lamp cover.
2. Remove the lamp cover. Be careful not to insert your fingers between the BenQ 5J.J0A05.001 lamp and the projector as there are sharp edges that can cause injuries.
3. Loosen the screw holding the BenQ 5J.J0A05.001 lamp in place. A magnetic-head screwdriver will make it easier to remove the screw.
4. Pull out the lamp connector from a slot in the lamp compartment. Disconnect it from the BenQ MP575 projector. NOTE: The BenQ 5J.J0A05.001 lamp contains mercury and should not be thrown into regular garbage. Recycle your used lamps!
5. Using the wire handle, slowly pull the BenQ 5J.J0A05.001 lamp out of the projector. Never force the lamp out of the projector; pulling too quickly can cause the bulb to shatter. Learn what to do should the bulb shatter.
6. Reconnect the lamp connector. Put the BenQ 5J.J0A05.001 lamp back into its slot so that it is flush with the BenQ MP575 projector.
7. Tighten the screw that secures the BenQ 5J.J0A05.001 lamp. A loose screw may cause a bad connection while a over tightened screw may cause the lamp to not work. Ensure the wire handle is fully flat and locked in place.
8. Replace the lamp cover on the BenQ MP575 projector.
9. Tighten the screws that secure the lamp cover and restart the projector to reset the lamp timer.
Resetting the lamp timer
It’s important to set the lamp timer so the BenQ MP575 can accurately track the life of the newly installed BenQ 5J.J0A05.001 lamp.
- After the start-up logo, press Menu/Exit
- Scroll down to SYSTEM SETUP. Press Enter.
- Scroll down to the Advanced menu.
- Press to highlight Lamp Settings.
- Press Mode/Enter to display the Lamp Settings page.
- A warning message is displayed asking if you want to reset the lamp timer. Highlight Reset and press Mode/Enter.
- The lamp time will be reset to “0”.
Do not reset if the lamp is not new or replaced as this could cause damage.
Extend the life of the BenQ 5J.J0A05.001 lamp:
- Keep your air filters clean to avoid overheating the BenQ MP575 projector.
- Setting Lamp Power to Economic Mode. To set the Econo Mode: Go into the SYSTEM SETUP: Advanced > Lamp Settings > Lamp Mode.
- Learn more with Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life.
If you’re interested in saving some money and recycling why not think about replacing just the bulb instead of the entire lamp unit? By only replacing the BenQ 5J.J0405.001 bulb and re-using the actual lamp cage. It’s not as hard as it sounds and we have even created a video tutorial to show you how.