This guide shows how to install a replacement NEC Projector VT480 projector lamp.
Start off with authentic lamps
Keep your NEC VT480 projector lamps working at it’s best by using an authentic projector lamp. Despite their bargain prices, counterfeits often end up damaging the sensitive electronics as well as hurting your eyesight due to their lack of proper safety guards. Despite their lower prices, counterfeits actually end up costing more since they must be replaced more often due to their shorter life since they prone to explosions. Save yourself the hassles and buy an authentic for your NEC VT480 projector.
End of life warnings
Other indications include the LAMP indicator blinking red and a faint picture or screen colors that appear faded or strange.
Find this lamp on Amazon sold by these authorized dealers:
- AuraBeam Professional Replacement Projector Lamp for NEC VT85LP With Housing (Powered by Ushio)
- AuraBeam replacement Projector Lamp for VT85LP NEC VT480 VT490 VT491 VT495 VT580 VT590 VT595 VT695 Projector
- Lutema VT85LP-L02 NEC VT85LP 50029924 Replacement DLP/LCD Cinema Projector Lamp, PremiumNEC VT85LP – Projector lamp – 2000 hour(s) (standard mode) / 3000 hour(s) (ec…
- AuraBeam Economy Replacement Lamp for NEC VT85LP with Housing
Changing the NEC Projector VT480 lamp
Your NEC VT480 projector uses the NEC VT85LP projector lamp. Before replacing the lamp, please follow these important safety instructions:
- turn off the NEC VT480 projector projector.
- unplug the projector from its power source.
- unplug the power cable.
- wait until the projector is cool to the touch to avoid getting burned.
Place the Loosen the NEC VT480 projector on a soft surface. Turn the projector upside down. The lamp cover is found underneath the projector. Push firmly on the lamp cover and slide it off the projector cover.
Loosen the two screws holding the NEC VT85LP projector lamp in place. (The screws will not come out only loosen.) Remove the projector lamp by holding the indent and pulling up.
NOTE: Your NEC VT85LP projector lamp should be properly recycled because they contain mercury.
Install a new NEC VT85LP lamp housing into the NEC VT480 projector, gently pressing the projector lamp housing into the socket. Take care not to touch the actual bulb as your finger prints can leave oil marks that burn black marks onto the bulb.
Push the top center on the projector lamp to secure it. Tighten the screw on the projector lamp.
Re-attach the NEC VT480 lamp cover by sliding the cover until it snaps into place.
Reset the lamp timer
Once the NEC VT85LP projector lamp has both been replaced you will need to reset the timer. You want the projector to be able to accurately track the projector lamp life.
Clear usage hours and reset hours
- Plug in the power cored into the wall outlet.
- Turn on the projector.
- From the MENU select RESET.
- Choose CLEAR LAMP HOURS.
- Press Enter so a confirmation message appears.
- Select YES to reset the lamp hours to zero.
Extending the projector lamp
Get your newly installed NEC VT85LP projector lamp will last longer by choosing the ECO option. The ECO MODE increases projector lamp life by lowering the power consumption. There are three modes to choose from:
- Auto Mode: 2000 hours
- Eco ModeL 3000 hours