When it’s time to replace the Epson EH-TW5000 projector lamp you’ll notice the lamp replacement light begins blinking red and then changes to orange. A replacement warning message will also appear on screen. Replace the lamp immediately when the light is blinking orange. Don’t wait!
Find this authentic lamp on Amazon sold by these authorized dealers:
- Epson ELPLP49 Replacement Lamp – 200W UHE – 4000 Hour V13H010L49
- Guaranteed for One Year! Epson ELPLP49, V13H010L49 Premium Replacement DLP/LCD Cinema Projector Lamp with Housing
- Epson Projector Lamp Part ELPLP49-ER V13H010L49 Model Epson HC6100 EH TW2800
- Epson ELP-LP49 Projector Assembly with 200 Watt UHE Osram Projector Bulb
- ePharos ELPLP49 / V13H010L49 Replacement Lamp with Housing for Epson Projectors
Why OEM lamps are important
Shopping for your new Epson ELPLP49 can get kind of confusing. There are a multitude of choices out all claiming to be “compatible” with your Epson projectors. The first step to finding the best lamp for your Epson EH-TW5000 is to consider the source? Buying North American lamps.
Generics just don’t have the same quality and actually have a shorter lamp life than original lamps. So while they make appear to have better prices, they actually cost more in the long run. There are also safety concerns.
Counterfeit manufacturers don’t have the same equipment or materials and resort to using toxic subsitutes such as Krypton-85 — a highly carcinogenic material. The gas can escape when the lamp breaks and unfortunately these generic “compatible” lamps are prone to explosions. Too often generic lamps damage the sensitive electronics in your projectors
Buying authentic lamps guarantees a lamp manufactured to work with your projector If you do decide to go with a cheaper compatible lamp then buy one from a registered OEM manufacturer who is building them in North America Buy authentic and get a better product plus better customer care.
How to install
- Turn off the projector and unplug the AC cord.
- Allow the Epson EH-TW5000 to cool for one hour – it should be cool to the touch. Inside of the projector can be very hot since these machines operator under high temperatures and you run the risk of being burned if the projector has not cooled down.
- Do not operate the projectors while any of the lamps are removed as this may result in malfunctions, fire hazard and other accidents.
Caution: Don’t touch the screen or the actual bulb with your finger since the oil from your skin can cause a black spot on the bulb.
1. The lamp cover for the Epson EH-TW5000 is found on top of the projector. Take the screwdriver that came with the projector and put it into opening on the lamp cover to release the cover switch. Remove the lamp cover.
2. Remove the two screws on either side of Epson ELPLP49 lamp. Place the screws to either side.
3. Pull the lamp out using the top handle. Be sure to pull it out straight. Pulling too quickly can cause the bulb to shatter. Learn what to do should the bulb shatter.
NOTE: The Epson ELPLP49 lamp contains mercury and should not be thrown into regular garbage. Recycle your used lamps!
4. Take the new Epson ELPLP49 lamp by the handle and gently put it into place making sure the lamp is facing in the right direction.
5. Replace the Epson ELPLP49 screws on the newly installed lamp.
6. Re-connect the lamp cover. Tighten the screws on the cord and turn on the Epson EH-TW5000 projector.
7. Re-attach the power cord. Turn the projector on and let it warm up.
8. Reset the Lamp Operating time.
Step 3: Reset the Epson EH-TW5000 Lamp Timer
Reset the Epson EH-TW5000 Lamp Replacement Counter only when the Epson ELPLP49 lamp has been replaced.
- Turn the Epson EH-TW5000 projector on.
- Press MENU to display the configuration menu.
- Press the down arrow to move down the menu to the Reset option.
- Press Enter to enter the Reset Menu.
- Press the down arrow to move down the menu to the Reset Lamp Hours option.
- Press Enter.
- When the Reset Lamp Hour option has been chosen the Reset Lamp Hours message will appear.
- Use the cursor to move to the YES option.
- Press Enter to reset the lamp hours to zero.
Prolong the life of the Epson ELPLP49 lamp:
Extend the life of the newly installed Epson ELPLP49 with the following tips:
- Keep your air filters clean to avoid overheating the projector.
- Turn off the Epson EH-TW5000 and let it stand for at least one hour ever 24 hours. An average use of four to five hours per day will ensure longer lamp life.
- Make sure there is enough airflow around the projector particularly if it’s been permanently mounted.
- Learn more with Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life