These instructions show how to change the Dukane I-PRO 8762 projector lamp.
Step 1: Recognize the end of life signs
When the Dukane I-PRO 8762 projector lamp has reached 2000 hours of service (or 2500 hours when in Eco mode), the LAMP indicator on the projector will blink red. Replace the projector lamp immediately. An onscreen message will appear: The lamp has reached the end of its usable life. Please replace the lamp. The projector will turn off and go into standby mode after 2100 (up to 2600 hours in Eco mode) hours of service. Change the projector lamp immediately.
Find this lamp on Amazon sold by this authorized dealer:
Step 2: Buy an authentic lamp
The Dukane I-PRO 8762 projector uses the Dukane 456-8762 projector lamp. To keep your projector working at its best, be sure to install an authentic projector lamp. Look for the seal of approval before purchasing and avoid buying counterfeit lamps. See below for 6 good reasons why to avoid counterfeit projector lamps.
Step 3: Replace the projector lamp
Before installing the new projector lamp, follow these important safety steps:
- Turn the power off on the Dukane I-PRO 8762 projector.
- Disconnect the power cord.
- Allow the Dukane I-PRO 8762 projector to cool down for at least 30 minutes. Trying to change the lamp while the projectors is not cooled down can result in serious burns.
Place the Dukane I-PRO 8762 projector on a soft cloth and turn it over to access the lamp cover on the bottom.
Loosen the screw holding the projector lamp cover in place. Click the cover to remove the cover.
Remove the two screws holding the Dukane 456-8762 projector lamp in place. Using the indents, grab the sides of the Dukane 456-8762 projector lamp to remove the old lamp. Be careful not to bhttp://www.lamprecycle.organg the lamp against the projector as this may case the bulb to break.
NOTE: The Dukane 456-8762 contains mercury and should be properly recycled.
Insert a new Dukane 456-8762 projector lamp into the Dukane I-PRO 8762 projector by pressing the part labeled “PUSH” until the housing is plugged into the projector.
Tighten the two screws on the lamp. Replace the lamp cover and tighten its screw. screws. Reset the lamp timer by pressing the HELP button on the remote control for 10 seconds to reset it back to zero
Tips for a longer lamp life:
- Turning on the Eco Mode to lower power consumption and extend the lamp life by 130%.
- Keep your air filters clean to avoid overheating the projector.
- Turn off the Dukane I-PRO 8762 and let it stand for at least one hour ever 24 hours.
- Make sure there is enough airflow around the projector particularly if it’s been permanently mounted.
- Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life.
6 good reasons to avoid counterfeit lamps:
- inferior workmanship which translates to an inferior product,
- they don’t last as long and are prone to explosiong
- improperly calibrated so can seriously damage the optics in your Dukane I-PRO 8762
- present a health hazard due to their toxic materials.
- installing a generic lamp will void the warranty
- short cuts with manufacturing means no safeguards to protect your eyesight!