Guide to replacing the ASK DP8000HB projector lamp
When it’s time to replace the ASK DP8000HB projector lamp, the Alarm Indicator found beside the Power button will light up red. Replace your ASK DP8000HB projector lamp immediately. Use our guide..
STEP 1: Buy the right lamp
It’s important to install a genuine ASK Proxima SP-LAMP-008 lamp. Avoid generic knock-offs or lamps advertised as “compatible.” Although them appear to be a great bargain, generic lamps actually have a shorter life span and give off poor illumination. These lamps are prone to explosion and have been created using toxic substances such as Krypton-85. Using a counterfeit generic lamp will void any warranty for your ASK DP8000HB projector.
Buying from an authorized seller of genuine projector lamps ensures installation of a lamp created with the proper components and workmanship that works properly with the key components in your projector. Genuine lamps will give you the sharpest and brightest picture. Learn how to spot a counterfeit lamp.
Buy this lamp on Amazon from the following authorized dealers:
- SpArc Platinum for Ask Proxima SP-LAMP-008 Projector Replacement Lamp with Housing
- AuraBeam Economy Replacement Projector Lamp for Ask Proxima SP-LAMP-008 With Housing
STEP 2: Installing the new lamp
1. The lamp cover will be found at the back of the ASK DP8000HB projector. Loosen the two screws holding the ASK Proxima SP-LAMP-008 lamp cover in place. Remove and place to one side.
2. Loosen the two screws holding the ASK Proxima SP-LAMP-008 Lamp Assembly in place.
3. Grab onto the ASK Proxima SP-LAMP-008 lamp handle and pull the lamp from the projector. Place to one side. Be sure to dispose of the used lamp through a local recycling program. Don’t throw this lamp into the regular garbage as it contains mercury.
The ASK Proxima SP-LAMP-008 contains mercury and should not be thrown into regular garbage. Recycle your used lamps!
4. Place the new ASK Proxima SP-LAMP-008 lamp into the socket being careful not to touch the bare lamp (this can form black spots on the bulb that will ruin the projected image).
5. Tighten the two screws holding the ASK Proxima SP-LAMP-008 Lamp Assembly in place.
6. Put the ASK DP8000HB cover back in place and tighten the two screws.
7. Put the power cord back into the projector and turn it on.
You are now ready to Reset the Lamp Replace Counter.
STEP 3: Resetting the Lamp Timer
It’s important to reset the lamp timer of the ASK DP8000HB in order to properly track lamp life. Failure to reset the timer may result in the projector not knowing when the lamp is finished and shutting down suddenly.
To reset the lamp timer:
- Open the MENU system.
- Scroll down to OPTIONS. Press ENTER.
- Scroll down to SERVICE. Press ENTER.
- Click on LAMP TIMER RESET.
- Click on YES.