End of life warnings
When the Ask Proxima C460 projector lamp is reaching end of life, the message “Replace lamp” appears on the screen. Replace the projector lamp immediately. After 20 hours the projector will turn off automatically.
Be sure to buy your replacement Ask Proxima C460 from an authentic source. Avoid counterfeit lamps claiming to be “compatible.” These lamps created with inferior materials making them prone to explosions. Aside from exposure to toxic substances, these lamps also don’t have the proper protections for your eyes. Learn how to spot a counterfeit lamp so you can avoid purchasing them.
Buy this lamp on Amazon from the following authorized dealers:
- SpArc Platinum Ask Proxima SP-LAMP-016 Projector Replacement Lamp Housing
- Lutema SP-LAMP-016-L01-2 Ask Proxima SP-LAMP-016 Replacement DLP/LCD Cinema Projector Lamp, Economy
- AuraBeam Economy Replacement Projector Lamp for Ask Proxima SP-LAMP-016 With Housing
- AuraBeam Professional Replacement Projector Lamp for Ask Proxima SP-LAMP-016 With Housing (Powered by Ushio)
Installing the projector lamp
The ASK Proxima C460 projector needs the Ask Proxima SP-LAMP-016. Follow these steps to install the new projector lamp.
- Disconnect the power cord and allow the projector to cool for one hour before replacing the lamp. The ASK Proxima C460 operates under high heat and can cause burns.
- The lamp lid for the ASK Proxima C460 is found on the bottom of the projector.
- To remove the cover: Gently place a flathead screwdriver into the slot on the top of the projector by the right speaker and slide the small lever toward the right speaker. The cover will pop out.
- Unscrew the three screws holding the Ask Proxima SP-LAMP-016 in place.
- Gently grab the wire handle and pull out the Ask Proxima SP-LAMP-016. NOTE: The LAMP-016. projector lamp contains mercury and should not be thrown into regular garbage. Recycle your used lamps!
- Inset the new Ask Proxima SP-LAMP-016 projector lamp all the way into the ASK Proxima C460 projector.Tighten the three screws that hold the SP-LAMP-016 lamp in place.
- Replace the lamp lid and tighten the screw holding the lamp lid in place.
- You’re now ready to reset the lamp timer.
Reset the lamp timer
In order for the ASK Proxima C460 to correctly track the lamp life of your newly installed Ask Proxima SP-LAMP-016 projector lamp, you’ll need to reset the timer.
- Press the MENU button to display the MAIN MENU option.
- Scroll across the top menu to the SEREVICE menu. Another pull down menu will appear.
- Scroll down to LAMP RESET. Press SELECT.
- The lamp replace time is reset to zero.
Extend the life of the Ask Proxima SP-LAMP-016:
- Turning on the Eco Mode to lower power consumption and extend the lamp life by 130%.
- Keep your air filters clean to avoid overheating the projector.
- Turn off the ASK Proxima C460 projector and let it stand for at least one hour ever 24 hours.
- Make sure there is enough airflow around the projector particularly if it’s been permanently mounted.
- Learn more with Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life.