When it’s time to replace the Viewsonic Pro8200 projector lamp, you’ll notice the Power LED lamp light becomes a solid bright blue and Lamp LED starts flashing a bright red. Replace the projector lamp immediately before the Viewsonic Pro8200 shuts down.
Authentic lamps are critical!
Your Viewsonic Pro8200 needs an authentic Viewsonic RLC-061 installed in order to keep working. Installing a counterfeit lamp puts your projector at risk.
6 reasons to avoid generic lamps:
- shorter lamp life than original lamps
- created with toxic materials parts
- prone to explosions
- can damage the sensitive electronics in your projectors
- no guarantee or refund
- installing a generic lamp voids your projector’s warranty.
Look for the seal of approval that lets you know you are buying an authentic projector lamp.
Installing the Viewsonic RLC-061 lamp
Before replacing the Viewsonic RLC-061 follow these crucial safety tips to prevent injury to yourself or the projector:
- NEVER change the lamp unless the Viewsonic Pro8200 projector is cool to the touch. This projector operates under extremely high temperatures and you can burn yourself quite badly.
- Switch off the power to the Viewsonic Pro8200 projector.
- Disconnect the power cord.
- Wait for the projector to be cool before proceeding.
- Loosen the screw in the side of the lamp cover and remove the cover.
- Remove the screws from the lamp module, raise the handle, and lift out the used projector lamp. Note: The used Viewsonic RLC-061 projector lamp contains mercury and should be properly recycled. Don’t throw it into regular garbage.
- Insert the new lamp Viewsonic RLC-061 projector lamp into the projector and tighten the screws.
- Replace the lamp cover and tighten the screw.
- Turn on the projector. If the lamp does not turn on after the warm-up period, try reinstalling the lamp.
- Reset the lamp hour.
Reset the Lamp Replacement Timer
The Viewsonic Pro8200 projector has an automatic lamp timer that tracks the numbers of hours left in the lamp. Each time you install a new lamp, you’ll need to to reset the lamp timer to know how many hours are left and when to change the bulb.
To reset the Lamp Replacement Timer:
- After the startup logo, open the On-Screen Display (OSD) menu.
- Go to the Information Menu
- Scroll down to the Equivalent Lamp Hours Reset
- Press Enter. A secondary message field will appear asking YES/NO
- Scroll over to highlight YES.
- Lamp hours will be reset to zero.
Extend the life of the Viewsonic RLC-061 projector lamp by setting the Viewsonic Pro8200 to Eco Mode. This lowers the brightness of the projector and makes the lamp last longer. Read about other tips for extending the lamp life in your Viewsonic Pro8200.