The ∫p has an expected life of 3000 hours. You should keep an extra lamp on hand since lamp life will vary.
Step 1: Buy authentic
Keep your Epson PowerLite 910W projector working by installing a genuine Epson ELPLP22. These authentic lamps been manufactured to meet the specifications of the Epson PowerLite 910W projector. Avoid the counterfeit lamps being sold as generic, compatible lamps.
Counterfeit lamps damage the sensitive mechanisms in your Epson PowerLite 910W projector projector. They actually have a much shorter lamp life despite their deceptively economic prices. They are also more prone to explosions due to the inferior materials used during their production.
Look for the seal of approval and buy from an authentic manufacturer. Learn how to protect yourself from counterfeit manufacturers.
Step 2: Recognize the replacement signs
When it’s time to replace the Epson PowerLite 910W projector, you’ll notice the following warning signs:
- The lamp indicator flashes orange.
- The message “Lamp Replace” appears on the screen
- The images gets darker or starts to deteriorates.
Step 3: Installing the Epson ELPLP22 lamp
- Turn off the projector power and wait for the cool-down period which is about two minutes. Disconnect the power cord after the two minutes is over.
- Wait at least 30 minutes to one hour for the Epson PowerLite 910W projector to cool internally before opening it up. It should be cool to the touch.
NOTE: Do not operate the projectors while the lamp is removed as this may result in malfunctions, fire hazard and other accidents.
Use the screwdriver provided loosen the screw holding the Epson PowerLite 910W lamp cover in place.
Slide the Epson PowerLite 910W lamp cover off and place it to one side.
Loosen the two screws holding the Epson ELPLP22 in place.
Lift up the wire handle on the Epson ELPLP22 and gently pull the lamp out of the Epson PowerLite 900. Don’t knock the actual bulb as it may break. Learn what to do should the bulb shatter.
NOTE: The Epson ELPLP22 lamp contains mercury and should not be thrown into regular garbage. Recycle your used lamps!
Lift up the wire handle on the new lamp and slowly insert the Epson ELPLP22 lamp until it clicks into place. Be sure not to touch the actual bulb as the oil from your skin will case blackouts.
Tighten the screws on the newly installed Epson ELPLP22 lamp. Replace the lid on the Epson PowerLite 910W projector. Tighten the screw on the lamp cover. You can also reset the lamp timer.
Resetting the Epson PowerLite 910W lamp timer
The lamp timer will need to be reset after replacing the Epson ELPLP22 This timer helps the Epson PowerLite 910Wproiector to properly track the lamp life. Only reset the Epson PowerLite 910W lamp timer when a new Epson ELPLP22 lamp has been installed, otherwise the projector will NOT know when it’s time to replace the lamp. You run the risk of damaging your projector.
- Press the MENU button on the remote control. The Lamp Reset Menu will appear.
- Scroll down to the RESET. Press ENTER.
- Click on RESET ALL.
- A prompt appears asking if you want to replace the lamp.
- Select YES and press ENTER.
- Press MENU to exit.
The lamp hours will be reset to zero.
How to extend the life of the Epson ELPLP22 lamp:
Extend the life of the newly installed Epson ELPLP22 with the following tips:
- Keep your air filters clean to avoid overheating the projector.
- Turn off the Epson PowerLite 910W projector and let it stand for at least one hour ever 24 hours. An average use of four to five hours per day will ensure longer lamp life.
- Make sure there is enough airflow around the projector particularly if it’s been permanently mounted.
- Set the Brightness Mode to low or Econo Mode to extend lamp life.
- Learn more with Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life.