There’s no need to call a repair man to install a new Epson EMP-830 projector lamp. Just follow our hassle-free guide!
Start off by knowing when to replace the Epson EMP-830 projector lamp and investing in an authentic Epson EMP-830 projector lamp.
Replacement warnings signs:
Warning signs for lamp replacement on the Epson EMP-830 projector:
- Dark image
- Image that has deteriorated
- A message saying “Replace the lamp” appears on screen.
- Lamp light flashes orange
- NOTE: If the Lamp light turns red the Epson ELPLP31 lamp is burnt out and should be replaced immediately.
How many hours are left in the Epson ELPLP31 lamp:
- Press the MENU button and highlight INFO menu to see the lamp usage hours.
- When the Brightness Contol is set to High, the Epson ELPLP31 lamp will last up to 2000 hours.
- Lower the Brightness Control to low and the Epson ELPLP31 lamp will last up to 3000 hours.
Find the right lamp
Be sure install a genuine Epson ELPLP31 and you’ll save yourself a lot of headaches. Look for the seal of approval before purchasing your Epson ELPLP31.
6 good reasons to avoid generic lamps
- generics have shorter lamp life and will not last the full 3000 hours
- knock off lamps have been created with carcinogenic parts including Krypton-85
- generic lamps are prone to explosions
- copycat lamps can damage the sensitive electronics in your Epson PowerLite 830p projector
- no guarantee or refunds offered with generic lamps
- your Epson EMP-830 warranty will become void
Read more about the 7 Ways to Spot a Counterfeit Lamp.
Install the Epson EMP-830 projector lamp
Before installation follow these important safety tips:
- Turn power button off wait for light to stop flashing.
- Unplug the power cord on the Epson EMP-830.
- Allow the Epson EMP-830 projector to cool for one hour – it should be cool to the touch. These projectors run a high temperatures so you can burn yourself very badly if the projector has not cooled enough before being opened up.
- Do not operate the projectors while any of the lamps are removed as this may result in malfunctions, fire hazard and other accidents.
The lamp cover is found on top of the Epson EMP-830 projector. Loosen the lamp cover screw — you can’t remove it only loosen it. Slide the Epson EMP-830 projector lamp cover off.
Loosen the two screws holding the Epson ELPLP31 lamp in place.
Grab the Epson ELPLP31 by the side indents and gently pull the lamp out. Take care not to bang the bulb as this may cause it to shatter. Learn what to do should when the lamp breaks inside the projector.
NOTE: The Epson ELPLP31 lamp contains mercury and should not be thrown into regular garbage. Recycle your used lamps!
Gently insert the new Epson ELPLP31 lamp into the Epson EMP-830 projector.
Tighten the screws on the Epson ELPLP31 lamp. Be sure not to tighten too much or the lamp may not work.
Replace the lamp cover and tighten the screw on the Epson ELPLP31 projector lamp cover.
You are now ready to reset the lamp timer.
Reseting the Epson EMP-830 Lamp Timer
The Epson EMP-830 has a lamp timer that tracks the number of hours left for the Epson ELPLP31 before it reaches end of life. Every time you install a new Epson ELPLP31 lamp you must reset the lamp timer to zero. Don’t use the Epson ELPLP31 lamp beyond its recommended usage as this can damages the Epson EMP-830 projector.
- Press the MENU button on either the remote control or on the projector’s control panel.
- Scroll down to the RESET option.
- Press Enter
- Select LAMP-HOURS RESET.
- Press ENTER to open the prompt screen
- Press Yes.
- Lamp hours will be reset to zero.
- Press MENU to return to the screen.
Make the Epson ELPLP31 last longer
Extend the life of the newly installed Epson ELPLP31 with the following tips:
- Keep your air filters clean to avoid overheating the projector.
- Turn off the Epson EMP-830 projector projector and let it stand for at least one hour ever 24 hours.
- An average use of four to five hours per day will ensure longer lamp life.
- Make sure there is enough airflow around the projector particularly if it’s been permanently mounted.
- Set the Brightness Mode to low.
- Learn more with Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life