The ASK Proxima DP-8200X projector lamp has approximately 2000 hours of lamp life. The time may vary depending on use and the amount of regular maintenance done. When the ASK Proxima DP-8200X projector lamp needs to be replaced, you’ll see a Lamp Replacement message on screen and the LED ALARM indicator will light up red.
To track the number of hours left, select the ABOUT option on the MAIN menu.
Step 1: Finding the correct lamp
Keep your projector warranty intact while protecting your health. Buy authentic and avoid all the hassles. When you buy an ASK Proxima LAMP-012 from an recognized dealer you get technical support plus a lamp manufactured to work properly with your ASK Proxima DP-8200X projector. Learn the 7 Ways to spot a counterfeit lamp.
Buy this lamp on Amazon from the following authorized dealers:
- Aurabeam Replacement Lamp for Ask Proxima SP-LAMP-012 Projector with Housing
- Philips Lighting for Ask Proxima SP-LAMP-012 Projector Replacement Lamp With Housing
- SpArc Platinum for Ask Proxima SP-LAMP-012 Projector Replacement Lamp with Housing
STEP 2 Installing the new lamp
1. Turn off the ASK Proxima DP-8200X projector and unplug the power cable.
2. Wait 60 minutes to allow the ASK Proxima DP-8200X projector to cool thoroughly. These projectors operate at high heat and there is a risk of burning yourself seriously is you don’t wait until the projector has cooled.
3. The lamp cover is found on the bottom of the ASK Proxima DP-8200X projector. Removing the two screws holding the lamp in place.
4. Slide the lamp door tabs out of the two tab bays.
5. Loosen the 3 screws on the ASK Proxima LAMP-012 lamp module.
6. Grasp the meal wire handle and pull the ASK Proxima LAMP-012 lamp out of the projector.
NOTE: Be sure to properly recycle your used ASK Proxima LAMP-012 lamps. These lamps contain mercury so can’t be placed into regular garbage.
7. Put the new ASK Proxima LAMP-012 lamp into the AASK Proxima DP-8200X projector. Make sure it has been fitted properly and tighten the two screes on the new lamp.
8. Replace the ASK Proxima LAMP-012 lamp door into the tab bays. Tighten the two screws.
9. Plug in the power cable and turn the ASK Proxima DP-8200X projector back on.
10. Reset the Lamp Hour Timer.
STEP 3: Reset the Lamp Hour Timer
In order for the ASK Proxima DP-8200X to properly track the lamp life for the ASK Proxima LAMP-012 properly, you need to reset the Lamp Hour timer every time your change the lamp.
To reset the Lamp Hour Timer:
- Scroll down to the SETTINGS menu. Press the SELECT button.
- Scroll down to the SERVICE option. Press SELECT button.
- Scroll down to LAMP RESET option. Press the SELECT button.
- The lamp hour will be reset back to zero.
Green your projector
Looking for an enviro-friendly option that is also less expensive? Consider just replacing the bulb instead of the whole lamp housing. For more info and a how-to guide watch our step-by-step video on replacing only the ASK Proxima LAMP-012 bulb.
Learn more with Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life.