When the Epson EX3200 projector lamp has reached it’s end of life use this guide to help you replace the projector lamp.
Keep track of projector lamp life
You can expect the Epson EX3200 projector lamp to last for close the 4,000 hours when the Power Consumption is set to Normal and 5,000 hours if the ECO option is used. You can check the hours left on the ELPLP58 projector lamp from the INFO Menu access off the Main Menu.
When the Epson ELPLP58 projector lamp is reaching end of life the projector lamp indicator will flash orange and continue flashing until the projector lamp has been changed.
The message Replace the lamp also appears on the screen. You may also the image on screen gets darker or starts deteriorate altogether. In order to maintain projector brightness and image quality, replace the Epson LPLP58 projector lamp as soon as possible.
Find this lamp on Amazon sold by these authorized dealers:
- Epson ELPLP58 – Projector lamp – E-TORL UHE – 200 Watt – 4000 hour(s) (standard mode) / 5000 hour( –
- EPSON ELPLP58 / V13H010L58 Replacement Projector Lamp for EPSON PowerLite 1220
- Epson – Epson ELPLP58
- EPSON ELPLP58
Invest in authentic
You may be tempted to buy a cheaper generic lamp in order to save money. While these knock-off lamps appear to be a bargain, they will actually end up costing you more money in the long run.
Do yourself a favor and buy an authentic Epson ELPLP58 projector lamp from a recognized OEM dealer. When buying look for the seal of approval. Learn to spot copycat lamps posing as authentic lamps.
6 good reasons to avoid generics:
- shorter lamp life than original lamps
- created with toxic materials and carcinogenic parts including Krypton-85
- prone to explosions
- can damage the sensitive electronics in your projector
- when you buy copy-cat lamps you get no guarantee or refunds
- installing a generic lamp voids your projector’s warranty.
Replacing the ELPLP58 (V13H010L58) projector lamp
Before replacing the ELPLP58 (V13H010L58) projector lamp follow these important safety rules:
- Always unplug the power cord on the Epson EX3200 projector before replacing the projector lamp.
- This projector operates using high temperature. Wait at least 60 minutes before replacing the lamp so you don’t run the risk of getting burned.
- Never touch the bare projector lamp bulb as the oil from your fingers will burn black marks onto the projector lamp when it heats up.
- Never operate the Epson EX3200 projector with the projector lamp removed.
Remove the projector lamp cover screws and place to one side.
Loosen the two screws holding the Epson ELPLP58 (V13H010L58) projector lamp in place (you can’t remove them).
Gently lift out the Epson LPLP58 projector lamp taking care not to bang it against the projector. NOTE: The LPLP58 projector lamp contains mercury and should not be thrown into regular garbage. Recycle this lamp!
Gently insert the new Epson LPLP58 projector lamp. Make sure it fits into the Epson EX3200 projector properly. (Check that it’s facing the right way.)
Tighten the Epson LPLP58 projector lamp.
You can know reset the lamp timer.
Reset the lamp timer
- Press the MENU button on the remote control or on the projector’s control panel. You see the main menu.
- Select the RESET menu. Press ENTER.
- Scroll down to select RESET LAMP HOURS. Press ENTER.
- A prompt filed appears asking if you want to reset the lamp timer. Select YES. Press ENTER.
- Press MENU to exit.
Longer life for the ELPLP58 (V13H010L58) projector lamp
Extend the life of the Epson ELPLP58 (V13H010L58) projector lamp with the following tips:
- Set the Power Consumption to ECO option.
- Clean the air filters regularly so the Epson EX3200 projector doesn’t overheat.
- Make sure there is enough airflow around the projector.
- Turn it off when it’s not in use.
- Learn more: Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life.