HOW-TO-INSTRUCTIONS FOR SANYO PLC-8815E/PLC-8815B/PLC-8815P LAMP REPLACEMENT
The lifespan of your Sanyo POA-LMP14 (service parts no 610-265-8828) lamp in your Sanyo PLC-8815E/PLC-8815B/PLC-8815P projector will vary depending on how much the projector is used and if the filters are cleaned regularly.
If your projector Sanyo PLC-PLC-8815E/PLC-8815B/PLC-8815P lamp no longer turns on, it needs to be replaced. If the picture is dim or looks unnatural the Sanyo POA-LMP14 (610-265-8828) is reaching its end of life.
If the Replace Lamp Indicator light on the front panel is blinking orange, you must replace the Sanyo POA-LMP14 (6102658828) immediately. Follow our simple step-by-step instructions to replace your lamp in the Sanyo PLC-8815E/PLC-8815B/PLC-8815P projector easily.
Resist the temptation to buy a cheaper POA-LMP14 counterfeit model as this can damage the sensitive mechanisms in your Sanyo PLC-8815E/PLC-8815B/PLC-8815P projectors. When you purchase an authentic Sanyo POA-LMP14 (service parts no 610-265-8828) projector lamp, you’re guaranteed a lamp that has been manufactured with high quality parts and one that won’t damage the sensitive mechanisms in your Sanyo PLC-8815E/PLC-8815B/PLC-8815P. Buying an authentic lamp will also guarantee your warranty remains valid and gives you the manufacturer’s guarantee.
Replacing the Sanyo POA-LMP14 Lamp Assembly
- Allow the Sanyo PLC-8815E/PLC-8815B/PLC-8815P projector to thoroughly cool before changing the lamp. Turn off the projector, unplug the AC cord and allow 45 to 60 minutes for the projector to cool. These projectors operate under high heat and there is a possibility of being burned, if the projector is not fully cooled before changing the Sanyo POA-LMP14 (610-265-8828) lamp.
- The lamp cover for the Sanyo PLC-8815E/PLC-8815B/PLC-8815P projector is located at the bottom of the projector. Gently turn over the projector onto its side and loosen the screw holding the cover in place. Place the cover to one side.
- Inside you’ll find the Sanyo POA-LMP14 (6102658828) lamp cage. Loosen both screws holding the lamp cage in place. Grab the lamp handle and gently lift the lamp out of its socket. Place to one side. Be sure to dispose of the lamp properly through a local recycling program.
- Taking the new Sanyo POA-LMP14 (service parts no 610-265-8828) lamp cage by the handle—avoid touching the actual bulb a this can break or damage the lamp. Without forcing the lamp, place it into the slot.
- Once the lamp is in, tighten both screws on the Sanyo POA-LMP14 (6102658828) Lamp Assembly. Make sure the screws have been tightened properly or the Sanyo PLC-8815E/PLC-8815B/PLC-8815P projector will not turn on.
- Replace the Lamp Cover and tighten the screw. Re-connect the power cord and turn on the Sanyo PLC-8815E/PLC-8815B/PLC-8815P projector. If the Sanyo POA-LMP14 (610-265-8828) lamp does not turn on after the warm-up period, try re-installing the lamp. Reset the Lamp Counter Screen by following the instructions below.
NOTE: Your old Sanyo POA-LMP14 (service parts no 610-265-8828) lamp should be properly recycled. These lamps contain mercury and can’t be placed into common garbage.
RESETTING THE LAMP REPLACEMENT MONITOR TIMER FOR SANYO PLC-8815E/PLC-8815B/PLC-8815P PROJECTOR LAMP CAGE
In order for the projector to properly track the lamp life of your Sanyo POA-LMP14 (service parts no 610-265-8828) you’ll need to reset the Lamp Replacement Monitor Timer. Failure to do so can result in the Replace Lamp Indicator not tracking the lamp life properly.
- Press SELECT (rear click) to have the SETTING DISPLAY screen appear.
- Press the POINT DOWN button and a red arrow shows up on screen.
- Using the POINT UP/DOWN button, select the LAMP PAGE and then press SELECT.
- You’ll see the message “Lamp replace monitor reset?“
- Move the arrow to YES and press SELECT.
- OK is shown for confirmation. Press YES and then the SELECT button.
- Move the arrow QUIT and press SELECT to exit the MENU and return to the screen.
- Your newly installed Sanyo POA-LMP14 should last between 1,000 to 2,000 hours depending on usage and maintenance of the Sanyo PLC-8815E/PLC-8815B/PLC-8815P.
TIPS FOR EXTENDING THE LIFE OF THE SANYO POA-LMP14 LAMP
Make your newly installed Sanyo POA-LMP14 (service parts no 610-265-8828) last longer:
- Wait at least five minutes before turning the Sanyo PLC-8815E/PLC-8815B/PLC-8815P projector off.
- Don’t operate the projector continuously without letting it stand for at least one hour turned off every 24 hours.
- Cleaning the air filter regularly will also prolong the life of the Sanyo POA-LMP14 (610-265-8828) and prevent the Sanyo PLC-8815E/PLC-8815B/PLC-8815P projectors from overheating.
Learn more with Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life.
Looking for an enviro-friendly option that is also less expensive? Consider just replacing the bulb instead of the whole lamp housing. For more info and a how-to guide watch our step-by-step video on replacing only the Sanyo POA-LMP14 bulb.