Replace the InFocus IN34 projector lamp if you see any of these signs:
- The projector image gets darker and starts to deteriorate.
- The projector lamp flashes red.
- The warning message REPLACE THE LAMP appears on screen.
Replace the InFocus SP-LAMP-019 immediately. Check the remaining time left using the Service Menus, Total Lamp Hours option.
Invest in authentic
Your InFocus IN34 projector uses the InFocus SP-LAMP-019 immediately. Always be sure to buy authentic and avoid counterfeits to keep your projector working.
Avoid counterfeits because:
- made with inferior parts that give lower quality light and poor image.
- end up costing you more due to shorter lamp life and being prone to explosions
- release carcinogenic materials such as Krypton 95 that are used as substitutes by copy-cat manufacturers.
Buy from a legitimate source to keep your projector under warranty and protect your health.
Find this lamp sold on Amazon by these authorized dealers:
- InFocus SP-LAMP-019 Certified replacement projector lamp for the IN32, IN34, IN34EP, LP600, C170, C175, and C185
Install the replacement projector lamp
Follow these important safety steps BEFORE installing the replacement
- Turn off the InFocus IN34 projector and unplug the power cord.
- To avoid getting burned, let the projector fully cool before changing the lamp.
- Place the projector on a soft surface.
- Do not operate the projectors while any of the lamps are removed as this may result in malfunctions, fire hazard and other accidents.
- Caution: Don’t touch the screen or the actual bulb with your finger since the oil from your skin can cause a black spot on the bulb.
- Remove the lamp door by using a screw driver to gently pop off the cover.
- Slide the door forward and lift the door off.
- Using the screw driver to loosen the screw holding the InFocus SP-LAMP-019 in place.
- Disconnect the connector attaching the InFocus SP-LAMP-019 to the InFocus IN34 projector.
- Grab the InFocus SP-LAMP-019 projector lamp handle and carefully lift the lamp cage up. Pulling too quickly can cause the bulb to shatter. Learn what to do should the bulb break
- Install the new InFocus SP-LAMP-019 lamp housing and tighten the screw.
- Connect the connection wire from the lamp to the projector
- Slide the lamp door back in place, making sure it is aligned so it clicks into place.
- You are ready to reset the lamp hours.
NOTE: The InFocus SP-LAMP-019 contains mercury and should not be thrown into regular garbage. Recycle your used lamps!
Reset the projector lamp timer
After replacing the InFocus SP-LAMP-019 projector lamp be sure to reset the lamp hours. Failure to do so will mean your InFocus IN34 will NOT TURN ON.
- Open the MAIN menu. Press SELECT
- Scroll down to the SERVICE menu.
- Scroll down to RESET LAMP HOURS.
- Lamp hours will be reset to zero.
Tips for longer lamp life
- Keep your air filters clean to avoid overheating the projector.
- Turn off the InFocus IN34 and let it stand for at least one hour ever 24 hours.
- Make sure there is enough airflow around the projector particularly if it’s been permanently mounted.
- Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life