You can expect up to 2000 hours of life when you install an authentic BenQ 65.J4002.001 lamp.
Watch for the warning messages that the BenQ 65.J4002.001 lamp is approaching end of life:
- The picture looks faded on screen.
- The Lamp Indicator blinks red.
- Warning Messages about the lamp appear on screen.
Finding the correct lamp
It can be confusing finding the correct BenQ 65.J4002.001 lamp for your BenQ projector. There are hundreds of website selling projector lamps but most of there lamps are knock-off generic lamps that you should avoid at all costs.
Generic “compatible” lamps may appear to be a bargain–however generic knock-off lamps are actually not that great a bargain.
6 good reasons to avoid generics
- generics have a shorter lamp life than original lamps
- compatible are created with toxic materials and carcinogenic parts including Krypton-85
- knock off lamps are prone to explosions
- generic lamps damage the sensitive electronics in your projectors
- when you buy copy-cat lamps you get no guarantee or refunds
- installing a generic lamp voids your projector’s warranty.
The few dollars you save with generic “compatible” lamps is not worth it in the long run. Save yourself unnecessary headaches — buy a BenQ 65.J4002.001 lamp from a recognized dealer. You’ll be getting a far superior product with a replacement guarantee and tech support.
Learn the 7 Ways to spot a counterfeit lamp.
The BenQ 65.J4002.001 is compatible with:
For step-by-step instructions on replacing your BenQ 65.J4002.001 projector lamp, click on your projector listed below:
Click here for step-by-step instructions on how to change the BenQ 65.J4002.001 projector lamp for the BenQ PB8140 projector.
Click here for step-by-step instructions on how to change the BenQ 65.J4002.001 projector lamp for the BenQ PB8240 projector.
Extending the life of the BenQ 65.J4002.001 lamp:
- Keep your air filters clean to avoid overheating the projector.
- Use the Lamp Power option on the BenQ projector and set to Economic Mode to reduce the amount of power used but extend lamp life.
- Learn more with Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life